PDA

View Full Version : Best Smart app for wait times??

Disney_pups2
03-10-2011, 05:03 PM
Anyone know what the best smart app for wait times on rides is?

medic9016
03-10-2011, 06:19 PM
What O/S are you using? Android, windows or I-phone.

AndrewJackson
03-10-2011, 07:05 PM
I have tried a few, and I think Lines is the best. It requires a yearly subscription.

It works with android, iPhone or blackberry.

giroux28
03-11-2011, 01:34 AM
If you use Droid, I recommend "Disney World by Undercover Tourist." Helped out a lot on my recent trip.

Goofster
03-11-2011, 01:26 PM
If you use Droid, I recommend "Disney World by Undercover Tourist." Helped out a lot on my recent trip.

This app is available in the Android Marketplace and for iPhone. It's a great app with park hours, EMH times, parade times, etc. The ride wait times were accurate when we used it during our trip last week. :mickey:

mouse2508
03-12-2011, 09:20 AM
I actually have both (guess I'm a tech junkie :secret: ). Both apps allow you to post wait times, although there are slight differences (see below).

I really like the interactive map on Undercover Tourist, and the free version allows to filter certain criteria (e.g., show/hide food, etc).

For accuracy and crowds, I like the "Lines" app. I think it's $11 for the yrly sub which is reasonable, and it shows both current wait times and FP return times.

I also understand the "official" Disney app is available to Verizon customers, for a fee, and is good for 6 months. If you're a Verizon subscribe I'm sure they have addl info; there is also a blog on DisneyParks.com with a brief overview.

As you may already know, all these apps require guests to submit wait times; Undercover Tourist checks that you're in the area before it allows you to post, whereas Lines app allows you to post 1100 miles away :confused: However, they do show you posting history for the day, so you can judge/ignore any anomolies (plus they have a database with 10+ yrs crowd & wait history).

Have fun, and please post back your experience :mickey:

seanyred
03-12-2011, 01:38 PM
I have Web OS and unfortuantly they don't have a ton of apps yet. However I do plan on using Disney's mobile website and at leats it provides some general info on wait times.

Disney_pups2
03-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Ok, I have android on my samsung fascinate through verizon but cannot find the one by undercover tourist or the verizon app you are talking about.. .help...

WDWfanatic742
03-13-2011, 08:09 AM
For the undercover tourist app, search for 'phunware' in the android market. That is the name of the developer of the app. Three options show up, a free Disney app, a 99 cent Disney app, and a free Universal app.

This is how you get the official Disney app from Verizon:

There are three easy ways to get Mobile Magic: (1) Text MAGIC to 2777; (2) Visit the Verizon Media Store (http://mediastore.verizonwireless.com/onlineContentStore/index.html#displayName=Disney%20Parks%20Mobile%20M agic&selectedItemID=35607857&contentType=APPLICATN<http://mediastore.verizonwireless.com/onlineContentStore/index.html#displayName=Disney%20Parks%20Mobile%20M agic&selectedItemID=35607857&contentType=APPLICATN>); or (3) Go to the Media Center on your Verizon Wireless Phone and select Browse & Download. Mobile Magic is in the Travel & Navigation folder.

4myprincesses
03-16-2011, 08:31 PM
I have Web OS and use the online version of Lines. We've been pleased with the info and found it to be pretty accurate even during lower crowd times due to how they weigh everything against past history.

Brian McFan
03-17-2011, 07:37 AM
I used the "Lines" app., and when I was at the park, I checked the wait times listed on the app against the actual wait times and they were within 2 minutes of each other. I'd say that's pretty good.

seanyred
03-17-2011, 03:11 PM
I have Web OS and use the online version of Lines. We've been pleased with the info and found it to be pretty accurate even during lower crowd times due to how they weigh everything against past history.

Thanks for the info. Being a Web OS user sometimes stinks because not all the developers make apps for it yet. I hope with HP at the helm that they will start to get more involvment from app developers.

4myprincesses
03-17-2011, 03:58 PM
I agree, I think the app version of lines would not run my battery down as fast but webOS just doesn't have the multitude of apps. So online version it is :)

I absolutely love webOS, it is so intuitive. I've looked at getting a new phone, it's time to upgrade, but I am not fond of the iphone and am mixed on android. I really want to stay with webOS, just wish they would come out with something besides the pixi and pre. Hoping HP makes the changes, but concerned their focus is not going to be smartphones.

ljgirl
03-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Verizon Mobile Magic is worth it's weight in gold if you can get it. You must be a Verixon customer and only certain phones are compatible. Used it last year with my Dare. I miss it this year because I have an iPhone now and it isn't compatible!

seanyred
03-17-2011, 11:52 PM
I agree, I think the app version of lines would not run my battery down as fast but webOS just doesn't have the multitude of apps. So online version it is :)

I absolutely love webOS, it is so intuitive. I've looked at getting a new phone, it's time to upgrade, but I am not fond of the iphone and am mixed on android. I really want to stay with webOS, just wish they would come out with something besides the pixi and pre. Hoping HP makes the changes, but concerned their focus is not going to be smartphones.

coming this spring from HP is their new tablet along with two smartphones, Pre3 and Veer (which is like the pixi but has a slide out keyboard instead). Anyway, the idea is to have the Pre3 work with their tablet. So I am hopeful that more apps will be coming. I'm going to hold out for awhile because I do think WebOS is the best OS out there for smartphones.

princessjojo
06-06-2011, 09:38 AM
I have both the Lines app and the "Undercover Tourist" app. Not quite sure which one I like more,but catch myself looking at them both, even not being in WDW. I too am worried though about battery drain since I know how obsessive I am about looking at them. Maybe I should load it to all of our phones and when one dies, we have a back-up...