PDA

View Full Version : Trip in October for Halloween and F&W Festival

BayLaker25
03-10-2011, 08:49 AM
My wife and I are taking a trip in October for a week and planning on staying at BC. We take a trip to Disney World at least once a year for the last 6 years and have been there many times before that, but have never gone at this time of year. Our trip dates are going to be around October 16-23, is there anything in MK for Halloween we def should do; is there anything in Epcot for F&W festival :wine: that we should make sure we try besides the normal stuff we always do? :mickey:

faline
03-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party takes place on selected night in the Magic Kingdom. I'd definitely do that and I would definitely plan on dressing up for the party!

hoop de do
03-10-2011, 09:24 AM
We always attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP). Also, we always eat our way around the World (not in one day though). The party is alot of fun. I'd recommend dressing up (it's a hoot).
We will be down there the same time, hopefully our paths will cross. My wife, daughter and I are all adults until we get to the WORLD.
Hope you have a great vaca. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

retiredfigment
03-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Okay, I am a party pooper. Went to MNSSHP and had a wonderful time, but did not dress up. Unless you count the Halloween shirt. Epcot is great fun. But as has been said, don't try to eat around the world all in one day. Definitely try the Torched Cherry drink in Puerto Rico.

BayLaker25
03-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the help I will be sure to try it all!

KatieDuck22
03-12-2011, 08:44 PM
mickeys not so scary halloween party is completely worth it around halloween time! You can trick or treat around the park as well as catch a special parade featuring the headless horsemen. Dressing up adds to the fun! I went last halloween time and it was one of the best times ive had in Disney. On nights they hold the Halloween party at the park you can still watch the Halloween fireworks from resorts like the Polynesian or the Grand Flo. F&W festival wise i would go right for the soup in Canada. Hope you have a great time!

CanadaLovesDisney
03-14-2011, 12:20 AM
Mickeys not so scary halloween is an absolute blast! The parade is great, adults can trick or treat and ohhhhh the decor!!! It's a must do!

hokies4life
03-15-2011, 08:53 AM
We will be there the same time for our honeymoon! :cloud9: We're going to do MNSSHP and eat around the world at the F&W festival. I've already started planning all the snacks I want to try going by what was offered this year. Hopefully most of it will be there again :blush:. Now all I have to do is figure out my costume and see if I can get my fiancé to dress up as well.

I hope you have a wonderful trip! :thumbsup:

DisneyFr33k
03-15-2011, 09:55 AM
We've only gone during this time of year, and LOVE the Food and Wine Festival. We save our snack credits from the dining plan and use them to snack our way around Epcot's kiosks. It makes for a hearty lunch, and saves us a counter service to use later.

As far as the MNSSHP - we've gone twice and felt it was 1 too many. It was cute seeing our kids dress up and walk around at night with the castle all in spooky lights. But I felt a bit like cattle as we were pushed from one candy station to another. The parade was cool, though, but not sure if it was worth the several hundred we spent.

But others love it and go with the majority on this one.

Have fun! Enjoy this WONDERFUL time of year!