PDA

View Full Version : Exchange 6-Day Pass for AP?

antnyh
03-10-2011, 07:37 AM
I know I have read on here that you can exchange a normal day pass for an AP and pay the difference. I'd like to confirm this before we go though with some folks that have done it. My plans are to buy a 6-day PH pass from Undercover Tourist and exchange it while down there. We don't know for sure we want an AP yet...still debating a second trip for this year. We are leaving next week and I need to order my passes ASAP. Thanks for the help!

Goofy4TheWorld
03-10-2011, 08:31 AM
You can exchange a regular MYW pass for a regular annual pass and only pay the difference, but if your regular tickets include water parks & more then things are a little trickier.

It looks like you are getting a 6-Day PH WITHOUT the WP&M option, so you should use your 6-day pass at least once before upgrading them to APs. If you do not use them at least once you will loose all discounting you saved by buying from Undercover Tourist (or any other discount ticket vendor). Again, use the ticket first THEN upgrade or you will pay more money for the upgrade.

Now if you throw WP&M into the mix it gets more complicated, but I won't beat that hoarse unless you can back and say your are buying WP&M tickets.

Having to use the tickets first in order to save some money is a quirk in Disney's computer system that can't really be explained other than to just say that it is true.

Goofy4TheWorld
03-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Specifically, for each adult ticket the upgrade will cost you $216.20 if you use the ticket at least once prior to upgrading, but if you do not use it at least once it will cost you $231.49, the $15.29 extra being equal to your Undercover Tourist savings.

antnyh
03-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Great advice and I thank you for it. I didn't know about the WP&M quirk, but we don't do that anyway just the park hopper.