PDA

View Full Version : Disney hotels via priceline?

MarkC
03-08-2011, 09:33 PM
We have been blessed by some unusual circumstances to be able to go to Disney (from Nebraska of all places) in both September and October-- 5 weeks apart. We're using our DVC points to stay at Beach Club in October. We have several options in September. Its Labor Day week from Sunday-Friday so crowds should be low. I travel a lot and stay at Marriott chains so I can find a good deal or even use points. We can book All-Stars for about $70 per night, but its just my wife and I and we'd rather stay someplace a little bit nicer. We don't need anything fancy so even a moderate would be great.

Has anyone had any recent luck using priceline and getting a resort on property? What was the bid, etc.? I'd be curious. I don't want to bid $40 or even $70 and get a dump off property. Thanks for any input.

Strmchsr
03-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Disney on-property hotels are available on Priceline, but not with the "name-your-own-price" feature. Just standard purchase. At least I'm 98% certain that was the terms of agreement I saw for Disney's inclusion on Priceline.

DizneyRox
03-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Way back when I think Swan/Dolphin were. There was a process you could use to attempt to get a good price on them, something with only picking 4 star hotels in a certain area (Swan/Dolphin were the only ones at the time). I don't know if that still is valid however. At the time I think they were in the $70-80 range if you got lucky.

I haven't heard anything about Disney owned and operated resorts being in the name your price system.

JPL
03-11-2011, 10:50 AM
The Disney owned resorts are not available to use with the name your own price options. However I do know people who stayed at the Swan & Dolphin and the DTD area hotels by naming their own price.

SBETigg
04-27-2011, 08:50 AM
The Disney owned resorts are not available to use with the name your own price options. However I do know people who stayed at the Swan & Dolphin and the DTD area hotels by naming their own price.

The Swan and Dolphin are fantastic, great location, and way better (to me) than the Disney moderates in the same price range. If you could get a Swan or Dolphin stay with a great price, that's a very good thing. They usually do have some good deals even right through their own website, so I would expect you could get something decent through Priceline.