PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Kona Cafe

dbright
03-08-2011, 05:04 PM
We've made late breakfast ressies for the Kona Cafe. Since we'll be checking out that morning from ASMu, we'll be driving over to the Polynesian. Do they have valet parking? Where in the hotel is the Kona? I've got a blown knee and will have rented a scooter for our stay, but will have to turn it back in before leaving ASMu, so hoping to minimize the amount of steps I have to take to get to breakfast.
Thanks for the assistance!

Mickey'sGirl
03-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Yes, there is valet at the Poly!

You can ride your scooter right into the lobby, and then keep to the right and go around the corner where you can get into the elevators to take you up to the next floor. The Kona Cafe is located immediately adjacent to 'Ohana.

I hope your knee improves!

faline
03-08-2011, 05:29 PM
The restaurant is on the second floor. The elevator is located towards the back of the lobby on the right. When you exit the elevator, you will need to walk to the opposite side of the second floor lobby area to reach the restaurant. It's not a terribly long walk but you will need to walk a bit.

DizneyFreak2002
03-08-2011, 07:21 PM
It is not really a long walk from the entrance to the elevators, but, if your knee really is that bad, ask valet about a wheel chair... A friend of mine had her knee busted up, and was walking with a noticable limp... We were dining at Sanaa that night... We were sitting in the lobby of AKL when one of the CMs behind the counter called me over and asked if my friend needed a wheel chair... She then gave my friend the wheel chair, just so she didn't have to walk over to Sanaa... I'm sure they are very accommodating in that respect at Poly too...

Enjoy Kona!!! Tonga Toast is my favorite...

faline
03-08-2011, 08:50 PM
It is not really a long walk from the entrance to the elevators, but, if your knee really is that bad, ask valet about a wheel chair...

Yes, my understanding is that each resort does have have wheelchairs that are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If they are all in use, it won't help you but it's possible one would be available while you are there.

Mickey'sGirl
03-08-2011, 10:30 PM
So sorry! I misread your comments about your scooter! As a person with mobility issues, it is my opinion that it IS quite a hike into the hotel, and then back to the elevator and up to Kona. There are plenty of benches along the way, however, so you would be able to stop and rest if you needed to. I think that DizneyFreak2002 has a good idea though, and you should ask the valet if there is a chair available for you to borrow.

DizneyFreak2002
03-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Yes, my understanding is that each resort does have have wheelchairs that are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If they are all in use, it won't help you but it's possible one would be available while you are there.

Doesn't hurt to ask... Hopefully they do have something available for dbright...

dbright
03-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Thanks for all the great information and suggestions!!! It'll definitely help while we're there!