PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report - 2/27 - 3/4

Brian McFan
03-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Me and the DF (dear Fiancee) left Allentown, PA airport on Sunday, 2/27 and landed in the Orlando-Sanford Airport (which is about 1 hr. from WDW). Stayed at OKW in a one bedroom villa and loved it. Just the washer/dryer was so much help, but got to admit, I used the jaccuzi every evening after walking the parks.

Thanks to a great tip from a fellow poster here, we ordered many groceries and amenities from Garden Grocer.com and they arrived at 6:00 PM that evening. Again, what a great thing. We made breakfast every morning and the occassional sandwich for lunch which saved $$$.

The parks were great. I kinda like DHS the best, but really found EPCOT engaging, most especially the MISSION SPACE (orange, of course) and SOARIN' were two personal favorites. Back at DHS, I think we rode R&R four or five times, Tower Terror, the same amount, TOY STORY MANIA, et. al. Didn't think I was a ride guy, but I am now.

Over at MK, did Space Mountain, BMRR, Splash Mountain, POTC, Orbiter, and just about everything else. Wishes and the Electric Parade were both excellent night time sights as well.

Animal Kingdom, I loved Expedition Everest, the K. Safari, and the Rapids Ride. All great! Also, the Dinsoaur Ride was superb.

The weather: In a word: Fabulous. 89-89-87-80-80-78! Staff was courteous, and the ESPN weekend was interesting, but that's a subject for another thread.

Trip Rating: 9.5

faline
03-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Sounds like a fabulous trip! Was this your first Disney trip? I ask because you said you thought you weren't a ride kind of guy.

KylesMom
03-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Trip Rating: 9.5

Yay :party: - glad you enjoyed yourself and had no problems with the height issue. Sounds like you're officially hooked, Brian!

Thanks for coming back & posting a report! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Glad you loved it, I wouldn't expect anything less....a little surprised DHS is your favorite as most list it as the least or next to least favorite...still all four are great:mickey:

Brian McFan
03-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Sounds like a fabulous trip! Was this your first Disney trip? I ask because you said you thought you weren't a ride kind of guy.

2nd trip. First time we were only there 2 days and didn't ride much of anything. Too afraid I was too tall. After discussions here, I tried them all and fit relatively easily..

TiggeRia
03-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Glad you had a nice trip! Isn't flying out of Allentown great?? I love it there!

Brian McFan
03-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Well yes and no. Yes, I much prefer a direct flight, but no, I'm not a fan of using Orlando Sanford Airport and no Magical Express Service. We'll probably rent a car next time..

TiggeRia
03-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Airtran flies directly out of Allentown into MCO with pretty cheap fares. I use them pretty frequently.

faline
03-08-2011, 08:48 PM
2nd trip. First time we were only there 2 days and didn't ride much of anything. Too afraid I was too tall. After discussions here, I tried them all and fit relatively easily..

Glad you were able to enjoy the rides! Will there be a 3rd trip?

vizsla
03-09-2011, 05:16 AM
Glad to hear you guys had a great time. Looking forward to talking with you and DF when I get back from my vacation.

Brian McFan
03-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Glad you were able to enjoy the rides! Will there be a 3rd trip?

Very definitely. We are awaiting acceptance from Disney on our DVC membership.

Brian McFan
03-09-2011, 07:54 AM
Glad to hear you guys had a great time. Looking forward to talking with you and DF when I get back from my vacation.

Thanks. Your tip on gardengrocer.com was the highlight of it. It saved us big time $$$.

PrettyMinnie
03-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Glad you had a great trip!! The first time you really get the Disney experience is truly magical!! :minnie:

faline
03-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Very definitely. We are awaiting acceptance from Disney on our DVC membership.

Then you are officially a Disney addict just like the rest of us! Welcome to the Club!

Hope you get good news on your Disney Club membership!

Brian McFan
03-11-2011, 07:57 AM
Then you are officially a Disney addict just like the rest of us! Welcome to the Club!

Hope you get good news on your Disney Club membership!

Oh yeah, I'm addicted all right. Started planning the next visit the day after we came home.

And good news received this morning. Disney waived ROFR and we close very shortly.

faline
03-11-2011, 09:40 AM
And good news received this morning. Disney waived ROFR and we close very shortly.

I saw your other announcement! Good news, indeed! Welcome home!

Crow
03-11-2011, 02:44 PM
glad u had good trip. i like Epcot the best also
flyin out of allentown again also. last trip i flew from there & it was much easier than Philly.

Brian McFan
03-14-2011, 09:00 AM
If you have an early flight, check with the airline. Our 7:00 AM flight left Allentown at 10:15 AM due to flight crew arriving late the night before and the FAA mandated rest.

MarkC
03-14-2011, 09:26 AM
You're finding out how easy it is to get addicted. As a fellow tall person, I still love the parks and rides, which I never did before either. Glad you enjoyed it.

pdrlkr
03-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: