PDA

View Full Version : Best non-park restaurant for a large group?

KAT1811
03-08-2011, 02:23 PM
We are a group of 16, 8 adults, 8 children (17 - 2 1/2). We are planning a quiet day at the pool and a fun dinner out at night. I am looking for some new ideas. Nothing too exotic as we have some very plain/picky adult eaters. Nothing too expensive either as we have a few on a budget. We are already doing 'Ohana, Trails End, Yachtsman, and 1900 Park Fare.

:thanks:

faline
03-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge could be fun.

Narawen
03-08-2011, 02:41 PM
I second the vote for Boma. Chef Mickey's could also be fun, it has a great festive atmosphere.

JPL
03-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Boma is a great choice one of my personal favorites :thumbsup: Whispering Canyon could also be fun or just about any character meal would also be great.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-08-2011, 04:07 PM
I vote for Whispering Canyon! A couple of trips ago we sat beside a large group and they were having a total blast! :thumbsup:

g0189a
03-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Would Wolfgang Puck's place downstairs acommodate 16 easily? That's one of our favorites within the Disney bus route set. I'm sure if you call ahead they could.

If you are looking off property we like the Celebration Town Tavern a lot as well as Chevy's.

Celebration Town Tavern is in Celebration by the water and is a nice escape from the constant theme park extravaganze. They serve just about everything.

Chevy's is outside the Downtown Disney enterance serving Tex-Mex (and they usually have a balloon animal person too working for tips too for the 8 kids).

Both have pretty good prices.

crazygoalie39
03-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Like others have said, I would go with Boma or Whispering Canyon. :mickey:

Jared
03-08-2011, 11:56 PM
You definitely can't go wrong with any of the places listed so far, but here's one you may not have considered: Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. It's a decent restaurant, but it's particularly accommodating for large groups. It's usually quiet, so it shouldn't be tough to snag a reservation, and the food is certainly acceptable.

ThanxForNoticin
03-09-2011, 12:36 PM
We've done several trips with groups of 20 or more. We've had great experiences at Boma, Portobello, and T-Rex. Those places were able to keep our group together, had good food/service, and were not terribly expensive. Have a great time! Disney is fun with groups like that!!

Janmac
03-09-2011, 11:15 PM
There's also Cape May at the Beach Club. We've had large groups seated together for breakfast but for supper we were split. Possibly they still have the clam bake going on but there are other choices on the buffet. There isn't any entertainment tho I think we did have brown paper on the table to draw on.

Jan

TheRustyScupper
03-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Trail's End
. . . easy on the budget
. . . buffet for picky eaters
. . . different environment than most of WDW
. . . attend the free Campfire afterward

iloveokw
03-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Love Boma, but picky eaters might not enjoy it. I would vote for Chef Mickey's (did 15 there once) or Whispering Canyon.

Mickey'sGirl
03-11-2011, 07:26 PM
We have eaten at Cape May alongside a large group of baseball players. They, along with my family and several others were seated in an ante-room adjacent to the main room and the buffet itself. It was a fabulous location and we all had terrific attentive service too.

If you are being budget conscious, what about trying Puck's Express in the Marketplace at Downtown Disney? It is considered counter service, but once you order your food, it is brought to you. Your group can also order adult beverages if they choose. It's a great location and a great deal!

Fastpasssteve
03-12-2011, 02:07 AM
I would suggest 'Ohana in the Polynesian Resort or Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Both of these places (one a buffet, one a family-style meal with servers bringing meat on giant skewers) can seat a large group with ease...assuming you have a reservation...AND you don't have to wait for the kitchen to complete separate, varying orders and try to get them to your table on time. At 'Ohana and Boma, the food is being made constantly and is always fresh. So, you wouldn't put a big strain on the servers...and by the same token, would avoid being disappointed when they can't serve a large group such as yours to your satisfaction.

They also have activities for the children during the evening meal at 'Ohana.

Both the Polynesian and Animal Kingdom Lodge are amazingly cool unto themselves. Fun to run around and explore the main lobbies.

There is plenty to explore for the kids while the adults sit and enjoy their coffee or after-dinner drink.

LudwigVonDrake
03-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Cape May or T-Rex :eat:

BugeyedMuggy
03-14-2011, 09:42 AM
I would suggest the Hoop De Doo. It is alot of fun with a large group and are guaranteed to sit together.

lettripp
03-14-2011, 10:10 AM
If you are able and willing to leave the area, The Orange Ale house is huge, has an equally huge menu and is fun, light and casual. If we have a car, we are always certain to make our way there at some point...