PDA

View Full Version : To Try or Not To Try

KAT1811
03-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Should we try Les Chefs de France for dinner for 16 people? 8 children (17 - 2 1/2) and 8 adults. We have never been before. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

faline
03-08-2011, 02:09 PM
You may not all be seated at the same table with a large group, but I don't see any reason why you shouldn't go there.

They have a wonderful fixed price menu which we had at dinner last year. It was very yummy and I'd certainly do this again!

darthmacho
03-08-2011, 02:11 PM
I ate there last summer, and think you'd do just fine here. The food was great, and the atmosphere wonderful. I'm sure your large party, including the kids, would love it. Just to warn you, if you want to see Remy, I believe you have to go there for lunch, not dinner. Enjoy! :mickey:

faline
03-08-2011, 02:26 PM
if you want to see Remy, I believe you have to go there for lunch, not dinner. Enjoy! :mickey:

I had understood that as well. We had an early seating for dinner and were surprised to receive a visit from Remy. Apparently, our seating time was early enough that he was still there.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Like others said you may not be seated together but it seemed like the dining room was all close together anyway...we enjoyed it although it isn't our favorite WS restaurant it is very decent.

KAT1811
03-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Just to warn you, if you want to see Remy, I believe you have to go there for lunch, not dinner. Enjoy! :mickey:

I thought I heard that Remy makes his last run through the dining room around 5:20pm. Is that still correct? We eat early with the youngest being 2.

I think I am going to try to put this in the itinerary before the other half of our party arrives so it would only be 7 (4 adults and 3 children).

Jared
03-09-2011, 11:14 AM
I thought I heard that Remy makes his last run through the dining room around 5:20pm. Is that still correct? We eat early with the youngest being 2.

I think I am going to try to put this in the itinerary before the other half of our party arrives so it would only be 7 (4 adults and 3 children).
Not sure of the exact schedule -- unfortunately, I've never seen Remy myself -- but I have read plenty of anecdotal reports from people claiming they saw him during the early dinner hours. It's quite possible you'll see him if you make a reservation for around 5 p.m. or earlier!

As for the large group, there's no reason not to try and make a reservation. Disney is usually excellent at accommodating big parties.

darthmacho
03-09-2011, 02:37 PM

Things are always subject to change or rules of exception, but for our visit last August, we had the first ADR slot for dinner (6pm?) and they told us we "just missed him." :mickey: