PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours

R and B in PC
03-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Is star tours open? - I read it will open early 2011 - We will be visiting the last week of March. My 7 year old grandson is the biggist star wars fan. He has read his lego star wars dictionary from cover to cover and knows who everyone is and if they are on the good side or the evil side and he now has started watching the movies.

he would love star tours and anything else Star Wars and Lego at Disney World (any other suggestions who be apprieciated.)
:yoda::trooper::chewy::darth::ewok:

JPL
03-07-2011, 10:18 PM
It is scheduled open as part of Star Wars Weekends in May so no it will not be open the last week of March. However the Jedi Training Academy will be performing and the Tatoine Trader shop should be open.

KylesMom
03-07-2011, 10:22 PM
As mentioned, he can still participate in the Jedi Training sessions where a young padawan can learn to effectively battle Darth Vader.

They may also have Star Wars character meet-and-greets where he can get his picture taken with the characters - from what I understand, they've had this going since the attraction was closed down.

Tattoine Traders (the store adjacent to Star Tours) is still open, and is a young boy's dream . . . :darth:

LVT
03-07-2011, 10:44 PM
My favored star wars finds are the Mr. Potato
Head star wars characters. Then I shop in the Downtown Disney toy store at the potato head parts bins and get more bits and pieces to exchange hands, swords, laser or whatever.
He might enjoy a Chewbacca .

ransam
03-09-2011, 11:58 PM
willl it be open in september?

KylesMom
03-10-2011, 08:28 AM
willl it be open in september? The official opening date for Star Tours is May 20th - so you're good! :mickey: