PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time Breakfast

OneMoreTime
03-07-2011, 06:51 PM
On our trip in Aug. I was able to get reservations for this breakfast at the Castle. Now my question. Is my 16 year old son gonna hate it? I don't want to force him to go where he will totally feel out of place. What do you think:confused:

ElenitaB
03-07-2011, 07:27 PM
I hate to say it but I just consulted with my 15 year old... he said he would definitely not like it (our last foray there when he was 8 yielded some "at your wedding" embarassing photos though ;) ).

Is it supposed to be a surprise? I would just ask. If he says no, how about breakfast at one of the monorail resorts?

KylesMom
03-07-2011, 07:30 PM
My first inclination is for you to ask him . . . at that age, it really depends upon your young man on whether or not he'd be embarrased/feel totally out of place, or if he'd enjoy being surrounded by a bunch of princesses. :mickey:

Now, my DS & DH would take one for the team if I wanted to do this - but I know DS at 13 would be on the uncomfortable side - he just blurted out NO WAY from the other side of the room when I asked! :blush:

ElenitaB
03-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Carol, my DS's response was a less family-friendly version of what yours said! :blush:

KylesMom
03-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Ellen, you gave me the giggles. :D

I too would perhaps investigate other monorail resort breakfasts if he's an adamant "no" like our boys. I've noticed that the guys are ok with costumed characters giving 'em high-fives and such at some of the character breakfasts, but face characters you'll see at the castle may make them feel uncomfortable.

OneMoreTime
03-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Thanks for your applies. DS said he would "take on for the team" if he had to, but I will not force him to go if he doesn't want to :(

DisneyMom12
03-08-2011, 08:46 PM
My DS 14 is being subjected to both Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner, and Princess Storybook Dining. He is a good sport for his little brother and cousin, who can not wait to meet the Princesses.

Jared
03-08-2011, 11:43 PM
Thanks for your applies. DS said he would "take on for the team" if he had to, but I will not force him to go if he doesn't want to :(
By his age, he may be willing to suc k it up and attend the breakfast for the sake of his siblings and the rest of the family. Hopefully he realizes it's important to other people and puts him embarrassment aside for an hour. Maybe a few lovely princesses will dote on him -- or is that exactly what he's trying to avoid? ;)

Honestly, I think you're handling the situation perfectly. You respected him enough to ask for his opinion. He is willing to make sacrifices for the greater good of the group, despite his wishes. How about you find something else on the vacation that appeals to your son and surprise him with it? I think he's behaving quite maturely.

jimsgal05
03-17-2011, 12:48 PM
I think he would be "out of place"..but if he is a big brother he might earn some good Brownie points with DM DD as in have him pick one place he might like... Sci fi or any place in Epcot...
If he is a easy going kid he might like it food was okay... you get more choises at lunch and dinner... WHat he might like is being at MK when hardly anyone is there..way cool

well best of luck with your dession on this

SBETigg
03-17-2011, 01:02 PM
If he said he was willing to take one for the team, I think it's safe to stick with it. It's only one meal. My son wouldn't like it, but he probably would have just gone along if it's something others in our party had an interest in doing. Your son sounds like a great kid. Good for him for being willing to take one for the team. Lucky for my son, none of us are fans of eating in the castle.

baby minnie's mommy
03-17-2011, 01:26 PM
He'll be fine. We recently did the Akershus dinner, and the princesses were lovely. They are very polite and sweet.
My DH wore his Grumpy shirt (as always) and Snow White was so happy to see a fan of her friend, and talked to DH a minute about Grumpy. :mickey:

MarkC
03-17-2011, 01:38 PM
First of all, no one he knows is going to see him there. Also, I'm guessing if he's 16 he may want to see some of the princesses that are there as they are probably easy on the eyes, as they say.