PDA

View Full Version : Unused FastPasses: Do you keep them or give them away?

forever a child
03-07-2011, 01:55 PM
So here is a question for all of you WDW experts...

When you get FastPasses and decide for whatever reason that you no longer are going to use them...Do you keep them or give them away?

We had a couple and were not going to use them...so I was keeping them sort of for scrap book type memories of our trip. Then at one point during one of our trips, someone offered us theirs that they were not going to use. Of course that always adds to the magic of WDW, so it got me to wondering what others do?

Since then, we have been giving our unused FP's away to other park guests too. What do you think and if you keep them...what do you use them for?

Ian
03-07-2011, 01:58 PM
I didn't vote ... I'd need a "Both" choice, because we keep some and give some away. Depends on why we're not using them.

Scar
03-07-2011, 02:07 PM
:ditto:

If I think about it, I give them away. If I forget, I don't.

But I've never kept one as a souvenier. I've got enough useless paper in my house.

BraddyB
03-07-2011, 02:19 PM
When we were on our honeymoon a couple gave us fast passes and said Congrats. Since our last trip was for our anniversary we gave a newlywed couple a set of fast passes, and said Congrats. They looked at us like we were crazy for giving them fast passes, but we explained to them it happened to us and we just wanted to keep it going. Who knows maybe they will do it on their next trip.

sassafras
03-07-2011, 02:20 PM
We ususally give them away. It's fun to walk up to 2 unsuspecting people (usually 1 parent/1 child) and ask if they would like them since we're not going to use them. Kind of makes you feel like you're spreading the :magic:!

JPL
03-07-2011, 03:13 PM
I voted give them away because that's usually what I do when I am travelling with others. However on solo trips I usually just keep them since 1 FP doesn't really help people out ;)

AllDisney
03-07-2011, 05:31 PM
We've always given them away.

Mousemates
03-07-2011, 06:00 PM
The only fastpasses we keep are the ones we wind up with after having left the park with intentions of returning, but then failing to do so. (Pardon the rather awkward grammar, but I couldn't find a simple way to phrase that:blush:)

Polynesian Dweller
03-07-2011, 06:18 PM
On the rare occasion we don't use them we have usually given them away but the first time kept ad a souvenir. Don't need more souvenirs so now always give away.

crazygoalie39
03-07-2011, 07:04 PM
We always give them away. There's nothing like making another person's day a little more magical. :mickey:

zebradome17
03-07-2011, 07:20 PM
To be honest if we get a fast pass it's rare that we don't use it. As far as souvenirs go I have printed an "unusable" ticket for some rides so that I get to have a FP with the design on that I will definitely keep.:mickey:

lettripp
03-07-2011, 07:28 PM
We give them away every time :mickey:
I just love the look on a person's face when they are surprised like they usually are!

Oh a side note, we won't give them to "rude" people... if that makes any sense. I don't want to say we "screen" who we give them too, but we are careful not to give them to someone who is hurting other park-goers' experiences!

finaldynasty
03-07-2011, 08:36 PM
It's better to give then receive. :mickey:

brownie
03-07-2011, 09:14 PM
We've never had unused ones! If we did, I would give them away. We have benefited from others doing this, and it was much appreciated.

ThanxForNoticin
03-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Absolutely we have share any unused FPs with other guests. There have been several times we've gotten a fast pass and then decided to alter plans prior to using them. We always look for folks who might be able to enjoy them. One time, we also were on the receiving end of someone giving away their FPs for Everest. It's kind of a nice way for a Disney guest to make another Disney' guest's day a bit more magical....

clausjo
03-08-2011, 01:10 PM
When we were just there in February, someone gave our large group 3 fastpasses for Soarin. We took them with the full intention of using them, but unfortunately, we ended up not being able to use them for some reason or another, so we gave them to another family. It was great!

We always try to give them away. Sometimes it's difficult though - we've had situations where many people won't take them.

Granny Jill A
03-08-2011, 01:18 PM
:ditto:

If I think about it, I give them away. If I forget, I don't.

But I've never kept one as a souvenier. I've got enough useless paper in my house.

:ditto::ditto:

Oh, yeah! Me too. No sense in wasting an opportunity to make someone's day a little better. :D

jillluvsdisney
03-08-2011, 01:43 PM
I love giving them away. My best experience was being able to give away 2 good for anything FP at the MK. We got them because BTMRR broke down while we were in line. We were actually the next group to board.:(
We weren't able to use them before we left so the morning we departed I gave to a couple having breakfast at POFQ. I love making magic happen.

Imagineer1981
03-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Another vote for both. If I can give them away I will, but most times I just forget

GrmGrninGost
03-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Unused fastpasses? :confused: Now there's a novel idea!

forever a child
03-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Unused fastpasses? :confused: Now there's a novel idea!

Hey, we had ADR's to get to! :funny:

Jared
03-09-2011, 07:22 PM
I didn't vote. Like a few others said, it really depends on the situation. It's always nice to brighten a few lucky people's day by handing them active Fastpass tickets to a crowded attraction, but I don't necessarily seek them out if I'm in a rush or feeling tired or simply forget. Honestly, I've at times just left them on a garbage can or a nearby bench if someone happens to stumble upon them.

Of course, I have given them away plenty of times. The reactions are always hilarious and quite rewarding!

magicofdisney
03-09-2011, 07:41 PM
We had a few extra passes once. Believe it or not we had so many people turn us down, we felt ridiculous for offering them in the first place. I felt really bad for my girls because they were looking forward to blessing someone. Eventually, as we were heading to the bus leaving Epcot, we spotted an elderly couple and the girls offered them the FP. They gladly accepted.

CanadaLovesDisney
03-09-2011, 09:44 PM
We love giving them away when we can't use them. The confused looks and then the sudden "wow thanks" reaction is priceless! Happens quite a bit... We get them then realize we won't be around tomorrowland in time to use them or we are hopping to another park!

PrettyMinnie
03-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Like many people, we used to keep ours. It's nice to go home with a little slice of the parks to put in a scrapbook or hang on a cork board as a good memory of a magical trip. But a few trip back we were give FPs for EE which in turn made me want to give up some of our unused FPs to other people in the parks. It's kind of fun to see their reaction. Of course, there are times when I prefer to hang on to the unused FPs, gotta have something to take home!!!

DisneyFr33k
03-10-2011, 05:26 AM
We ususally give them away. It's fun to walk up to 2 unsuspecting people (usually 1 parent/1 child) and ask if they would like them since we're not going to use them. Kind of makes you feel like you're spreading the :magic:!

:ditto: We've done this alot and love the expression on others faces when we give them the fast passes and the feeling it gives us too!

Kona
03-10-2011, 11:34 AM
We love to find someone and just hand them over. Most of the time we get a real big thank you and a very large small. Great way to end the day at the park.:thumbsup:

TheVBs
03-11-2011, 08:01 AM
We've never had unused FastPasses, but if we did we'd be happy to give them away. I also like them for souvenirs. What I've done in the past is ask the CM if I can keep one FP for a souvenir and they've always been fabulous and let me! On the last trip I found out that you can get the invalid FPs from the machines and that's what I'll do in the future. It just sounds easier. :mickey:

flipadeeflop
03-11-2011, 09:16 AM
I usually give them away when they are still good. People are usually excited and appreciative, although one time there was a couple that acted like we were bothering them by offering them ours. It must have been their first time and they acted like we were trying to sell them something! Usually people are extremely excited, especially when they are walking towards the ride to wait in line. If the fastpass ends up being expired when we don't make it in time, I keep them to scrapbook.

DisneyorBust
03-11-2011, 04:05 PM
We normally give them away but there have been times when we had one or two that we saved. ( I use them for bookmarks!)

Disney-4-Me
03-11-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm a scrounger and a scrapbooker. I am always looking for free embellishments for my Disney scrapbooks. I have different generations of napkins, shopping baga and trick-or-treat bags in my scrapbooks, so I always kept unused Fastpasses too.

I used to keep them until my son and I were handed unused Fastpasses by another guest. After feeling how magical that was, I've totally changed. I always make a point of giving away unused Fastpasses now. I love to see the surprise on other guests faces! :mickey:

kemps@wdw
03-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Donate!! Gives me an opportunity to share the magic, and make someone else's day better.

seanyred
03-12-2011, 02:01 PM
I've done both. But for the most part I probably give away one or two sets of fastpasses per trip. Often I read on these boards that the magic is gone at WDW, well the way I see it we (guests) are part of the magic as well so anyway we can share that with others the better it is for all of us.

dismommy
03-12-2011, 03:52 PM
We give them away, but I have to share a strange experience. When we went while I was expecting we got fast passes to Dinosaur in the animal kingdom (having never ridden it I didn't realize how rough it was and somehow missed the warning). It took forever to give them away, everyone we tried to give them to acting like we were up to something so I finally had to explain why I needed to give them away (I was only showing slightly) and then people seemed more receptive and I gave the away quickly.

IloveDisney71
03-12-2011, 08:30 PM
We've only had unused FP's a couple of times because we usually use ours! But on those occasions where we decided to leave a park early or something else popped up and we knew we wouldn't be able to use our FP's we gave ours away. The people we gave them to were always surprised & I like to think that we helped spread a little Disney magic.

CU Tiger
03-17-2011, 05:08 PM
We always give them away. We let one of our DDs do it. I love the expression on the people's faces. At first they are wondering why this girl is coming up to them and you can almost see the wonder if the passes are real.:mickey:

fabfundisney
03-18-2011, 09:23 PM
I love to sprinkle pixy dust :magic::pixie:and the smiles on the receiving end are priceless!

epceddie
03-18-2011, 10:17 PM
We had two FP's for Soarin' that we were unable to give away the last time we were at Epcot. On our way out, we asked three different people if they wanted them and they looked at us like we were crazy.
We ended up giving them to a cast member at the front door who said she would "find a home for them."
FYI, if you want to get free fastpasses, sign up for a tour of Bay Lake Tower with the Disney Vacation Club. We did this and got three FP's that we were able to use right away - we were able to get them and get right in line. Didn't have to wait for a return time.
The BLT tour was fun and there was no pressure to buy.

jnfr2424
03-19-2011, 07:04 AM
We had EmH at DHS and went on Toy Story as we were walking on Hollywood Blvd on top of a mailbox was 4 FP to RRnC and the time was the current time! How excited were we that we were able to ride one of our faves twice!

crltkcagle
03-19-2011, 08:30 PM
We do both. It just depends on if we remember we have them and to give them out or not. We do have several we have mounted in our scrapbook.

mgmnut
03-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Give them away!! Spread the Joy!! :thumbsup:

Back in 2006, we struck up a conversation with some people at a table next to us while eating in France in EPCOT. The convo started after they had commented on my Boston accent (sometimes it can be "wicked" thick). They had just bought DVC and had instant fastpasses. 4 cards and I think 3 or 4 fastpass uses on each. They were leaving the next morning so they couldn't use the cards and gave them to us (Sweeeeet) Next day we were at AK and used them to get on EE, which had just opened (and had a working Yeti) It made our trip.

I love the look on peoples faces when you hand them fastpasses while they are standing in the long standby lines. If I can't use them, I don't let them go to waste

mrgibbs
03-20-2011, 10:00 AM
We have had random people walk up to us and offer their FP's...we always do the same...it's just a great way to share the magic !:mickey:

DunkieKong
03-20-2011, 11:54 AM
We gave away fp for Toy Story Mania one time to a family of four and they couldn't be happier. We were leaving the park early, and our fp was for several hours later. They were so psyched. It made their day. We have also been on the receiving end of fp. It is just a nice thing to do. No reason to let them go to waste.

Mousefever
03-20-2011, 04:42 PM
We have had random people walk up to us and offer their FP's...we always do the same...it's just a great way to share the magic !:mickey:

:welcome: Welcome to Intercot!!!

Amy

Momto3littlemice
03-21-2011, 09:21 AM
This most recent visit we had 8 spare FP to Space Mountain. We realized we were ready to head out and so we handed them over to 2 different families of 4. It was so much fun to share the magic! (although I agree that they were a bit taken aback when I first approached them on Main Street!)

One visit we happened to receive 2 dream fast passes for Epcot and we were not planning to spend any time (other than the EMH) at that park that day. They were SO much fun to give away at the Epcot bus stop at POFQ!!:mickey:

TikiLounger
03-21-2011, 11:38 AM
We try to give them away. Always. But, I will say that I've got a couple around here...only because they got put in a pocket and forgotten about. By the time they were remembered? we were at another park and they wouldn't have been any use to someone else. So? we have a couple of cool souvenirs, too.

GreatMarch
03-21-2011, 05:40 PM
We have kept only a few from many different trips but 99.9% of the time, we give them away. It has never mattered if we gave them to adults, and adult with a child or teenagers; we have always been met with excited thanks. It really puts a magical touch on the end of our day at WDW.

DisneyDoug2
03-31-2011, 11:18 AM
We always give them away to a need parent!

KAJUNKING
03-31-2011, 03:35 PM
we always try to give them away, we love spreading the magic :mickey:

kemps@wdw
04-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Oh, most certainly, give them away! As a future CM, I'm all about sharing the magic. And I love to see the look on the faces of those that are on the receiving end.