PDA

View Full Version : Old Key West Resort

Brian McFan
03-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Loved it. Stayed in the Turtle Pond Road Area and everything about it was first rate. Staff was terrrific, general store had everything we needed at reasonable prices, and Olivia's Cafe food was better than many other places we dined. Plus, the boat ride to Downtown Disney and the LBV Golf Course made it a most enjoyable week. My DVC membership is with the Boardwalk, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay at OKW again.

faline
03-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Good to hear! :thumbsup:

Mousemates
03-07-2011, 09:48 AM
glad to hear you had a good stay...OKW is one of the few we haven't done yet...but it will likely be next (that is unless the animation value resort opens before our next visit).

MN_Dad
03-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Our home is BCV, but we love OKW as well. The 2 brm villas are so much nicer than in the other resorts IMHO. Also, using fewer points is a bonus!

Puppy Mom
03-07-2011, 12:01 PM
OKW is the only place my BF and I stay. We get a studio and love the big bathroom and the little patio.

We also love the peace and quiet.

KAT1811
03-09-2011, 11:08 AM
We love OKW. We were debating trying a new villa resort this year but we have decided to stick with what we love. With four children the extra room in the villas is a nice plus. I always feel like we get the best of both worlds when we stay at OKW. The fun of the parks and the quiet of a resort vacation. The boat ride to DTD is a wonderful perk and the bus service is the best I have yet to encounter in the 25+ trips to WDW I've taken.

Mammabruski
03-09-2011, 01:07 PM
I'm so glad you enjoyed OKW!!! :mickey:

We leave for in 17 days for our huge family gathering at a Grand Villa at OKW and I am just so excited I could burst! :cloud9:

artyboy
03-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Glad to hear you enjoyed OKW. It's one of our favorites, even if it looks nothing like the real Key West! I know because I live there.

I can't wait to see the renovated rooms this June!

AndrewJackson
03-09-2011, 05:19 PM
We stayed there last year. We loved everything, except for the kiddie pool. The edge of it was so high, most little kids had a hard time getting in and out on their own. Our youngest was 5, and even he had a hard time.