PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever left anything in a safe?

Melanie
03-06-2011, 08:14 PM
I could just kick myself right now. Stayed at CSR this weekend. Checked out this morning, went to Hollywood Studios for the day, then drove the hour home. Realized almost as soon as I got in the door that I left my DH's Nook in the room safe at CSR. :doh: The key came home with me.

I just spoke with mousekeeping and they are going to seek permission from the current occupant to enter the room and check the safe, and hopefully they'll be able to get back with me tonight. So now it's just a waiting game.

Anyone ever done something similar? Hopefully with good results? I feel so stupid!

javamama
03-06-2011, 08:42 PM
We...um I left my ds' "guy" which is/was a huge deal when he was 3 1/2 in the Villa at WL. I realized it on the ME, so I called the resort...they connected me to mousekeeping. They found it in the sheets of the bed, and sent it back to Chicago. By the time we landed at ORD, I had a msg from them that they found it, and it was on the way. I was impressed to say the least, and had a very happy 3 1/2 again within about 4 days:mickey:

So it was a cheap little nothing, but he still has it every night....and he's 7 1/2 now(it was a baby shower gift). So it meant alot to him/us. I was grateful!
I have faith, people are still decent and will return it. I couldn't sleep if I found it in my room, I'd turn it in:cloud9: Don't beat yourself up about it, we've all left something behind!
Hope you hear back soon!

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-06-2011, 09:07 PM
I've done worse!

Two trips ago we pack up, leave Disney, get on the Autotrain and when we arrive in DC I realize that I can't find my cellphone. I figure it is just packed up somewhere and don't really worry about it, and use the hotel phone to "phone home" and let my Mom know we're on track to be home the next day.

Well, she already knew I didn't have my phone, I dropped it in the lobby at POFQ! Someone picked it up, turned it in to the front desk and they called her to get our info! It did take a while, but we got the phone back safe and sound.

I also left our stuffed bunny in the room, and she was also sent home in the mail!

All of this to say, many of us have left things behind :)

SBETigg
03-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Melanie, wow, sorry you went through that. I've never done it, but I can imagine how easy it is to do.

disneymom15
03-06-2011, 09:30 PM
I left my curling iron behind. I had a spare one at home, so I wasn't really worried about loosing it. A day or two later I receive a post card stating that mousekeeping had found something in the room. That I should call to identify my belonging. They sent the curling iron to my home at no charge. Great customer service. Good luck Mel, I'm sure you'll get your nook back.

jlmct52
03-06-2011, 09:59 PM
:mickey:Want to hear a really wild one?

About 8 years ago I stayed my brother and sister-in-law, their 3 kids and I all stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort after driving from Dallas.

My brother had bought a fancy dartboard at Downtown Disney. When we packed the car the day we left of course we all missed the dartboard and it got left behind.

It took us a couple of days to get home and in all of the excitement over the trip and trying to get settled back into normal life no one had even realized it was missing.

I'm not sure when we would have realized we didn't have it. But, after exactly 5 days after we had left "The World" my brother received a package from Walt Disney World via UPS. Yes, you guessed it....the dartboard. My brother had never received a phone call of any kind from Disney (not even a message on his home phone)....they just sent it to the address listed on the reservations.

He contacted Disney offering to reimburse them for the expense, but his offer was declined.

Just another example of the Disney Difference!:mickey:

tinksmom02
03-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Not a Disney story, but...DH and I found $1400 in the safe in our room on our honeymoon. We did the right thing and called the front desk and turned it in.

Other than that, we've lost things at Disney that I swear are in some Orlando-Black-Hole somewhere, but never left anything in the safe. I'm always petrified that we'll leave the car key in the safe but won't realize it til we're standing in the Atlantic City airport parking lot LOL

Hoping your nook is on its way back to you!

mickeysworld
03-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Years ago I actually did the same thing, not with a nook of course, but my checkbook! I didn't want to carry it around the parks with me and I too, took the safe key home with me! Disney was able to return my checkbook, no problems and no missing checks! One good thing about you having the key with you, you're nook is locked up nice and safe! I'm sure you'll be reunited soon. Let us know what happens!

johnO
03-06-2011, 11:13 PM
whats a "nook?"

johnO
03-06-2011, 11:14 PM
nvmd. I figured it out

DisneyorBust
03-07-2011, 05:25 AM
No story. I'm just wishing for your Nooks safe return Mel!

RedSoxFan
03-07-2011, 06:47 AM
My sister left a necklace in the safe at POFQ a few years ago. She called and they mailed it back to her. Good luck Mel.

Melanie
03-07-2011, 06:48 AM
One good thing about you having the key with you, you're nook is locked up nice and safe! I'm sure you'll be reunited soon. Let us know what happens!

Exactly! I was never super worried that it wasn't there. It just makes me wonder why a quick safe check isn't on mousekeeping's list when turning over a room. :confused:

I got a call last night around 10pm and they had found it and it's safe and sound until I pick it up this coming weekend. :whew:

I'm enjoying everyone's feel good stories though. :thumbsup:

Mousemates
03-07-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm enjoying everyone's feel good stories though. :thumbsup:

me too :mickey:

Patricia
03-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Like Mel, I was surprised they hadn't noticed the safe had no key in it.

Glad your Nook is safe! :mickey:

faline
03-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Mel, glad to hear the Nook was found!

I don't think we've left anything in a safe - both Gene and I double check each other when we're checking out. I even put my hand inside the safe and feel all over just as a double-check. Doing this last August, I found an I-Pod pushed against the back wall of the safe. It blended in very well with the safe and we never noticed it until we were ready to check out. Neither of us owns an I-Pod so we knew it wasn't ours! We turned it in at the front desk when we were checking out and I do hope it found its way to its rightful owner!

The safe at Bay Lake Tower didn't have a key, though - it's one of the kind where you set your own code. Even if Mousekeeping had checked the safe before we checked in, I doubt they would have seen it - it blended into the back wall of the safe that well!

Scar
03-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Look at the bright side Melanie... next time someone on Intercot asks if a Nook fits in a safe, you'll know the answer.;)

BrerGnat
03-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Glad they found the Nook and you'll have no problem getting it back!

We almost did that at the Grand Californian. We were about to check out and leave the room when I remembered the stuff in the safe! We had an ipod touch, a Zune, our car keys, and BOTH our wallets! Talk about a "duh" moment!

Melanie
03-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Like Mel, I was surprised they hadn't noticed the safe had no key in it.

Glad I'm not the only one who was surprised. I just figured that was part of a turnover when cleaning for new guests. I can't have been the only one in all these years. ;)

Look at the bright side Melanie... next time someone on Intercot asks if a Nook fits in a safe, you'll know the answer.;)

We all will! :D I'd venture to say an iPad will as well.

I don't think we've left anything in a safe - both Gene and I double check each other when we're checking out.

That's the thing - my DH wasn't with us. We'd not have left it had he been, as he's very thorough when it comes to that. So much so, I've become slack. ;)

javamama
03-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Glad it turned out well, I thought it would:thumbsup:

Melanie
03-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Glad it turned out well, I thought it would:thumbsup:

Yep, thanks! :thumbsup:

WLfans
03-18-2011, 04:35 PM
We moved in our room at Wl and I went to some cash in the safe and in there not even locked were a passports and travler's check. We called the front desk and a manager and someone from security came down. Asked us a few questions and then placed all the items in a bag. They were very professional.

AllDisney
03-18-2011, 06:28 PM
House & Car keys:(

We went down to WDW with, for the first time, our very good friends who love WDW too.

Anyway, after a week, we checked out of CBR and while sitting in the airplane I remember the keys. AND...I had the safe key. I really wasn't that upset as our friends were the ones who drove us to the airport & the neighbors had an extra key to the house.

We called the resort and they felt so bad thinking we were going to be stuck in an airport unable to get our car & get home. The keys arrived in 2 days & WDW didn't charge us for the re-keying of the safe:secret:

magicofdisney
03-18-2011, 06:57 PM
I lost my keys once. Somewhere between unloading the car and entering the room I dropped them. I scoured the area. I called and visited the front desk many times over a 24hr period. I knew SOMEONE had to have found them but either didn't turn them in right away or Lost-and-Found's right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. Either way, about a week after I got home, they were "discovered" in Lost-and-Found. They promptly mailed them to me (on their dime-very magical of them) and we've never parted ways since. :mickey: