PDA

View Full Version : Do they sell...

JenniferS.
03-06-2011, 03:50 PM
distilled water in WDW? I recently have been diagnosed with sleep apnea and i'm now using a cpap. I am using the nose pillows version. If I use the humidifier part of it, I need distilled water. I guess if I don't want to travel with the water and they don't have any at WDW, then I could maybe use the machine without the humidifier part, I just don't want my nose to dry out though. Thanks for any help!!

faline
03-06-2011, 03:57 PM
I don't know the answer to that but it wouldn't seem to be to be an item that would be commonly stocked at a place like Disney World.

Will you have a rental car? In this case, you could go to a local pharmacy or grocery store.

Are you getting a grocery delivery? In this case, you could have some delivered along with your other items.

Will you use a limo service from airport to resort? In this case, you could do a grocery stop on the way to your resort.

Basket Mommy
03-06-2011, 04:24 PM
No. My dad has a CPAP that requires distilled water and he has to bring his own. My machine has the humidifier on it and it doesn't require distilled water. You could probably get away with using regular or bottled water for the length of your stay. My dad has used regular water in a pinch with no problems.

Suzi Q
03-06-2011, 04:37 PM
my husband takes his cpap but uses regular tap water while there and says it made no difference to him at all; they probably do sell it there though, I'd call the resort directly and ask.
By the way, he carries on his cpap and it always has to be hand inspected at the airport, just so you're aware!

Suzi Q

SBETigg
03-06-2011, 05:06 PM
My husband uses his without the humidifier part and finds very little difference. Try it at home before you go.

DisneyMom12
03-06-2011, 05:28 PM
my husband takes his cpap but uses regular tap water while there and says it made no difference to him at all.

I believe distilled water is used to maintain the device. Regular water erodes things. So there would be not difference in how it works.
We had to use distilled water in our facial steamer. When regular water was used for long periods the silver pieces turned green.

JenniferS.
03-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Thanks for all the replies!! Gave me some things to think about. I'd rather not use something other than the distilled water. Maybe I will try not using the humidifier before I go to see how it will be.