PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay the night before?

TREECE'S MAGIC
03-06-2011, 09:36 AM
We are driving in and plan to spend two nights before check in - The first night we will stay in Orlando to shop , etc. Does anyone know of a
place that is reasonable to stay close to WDW ( to eliminate traffic ) for check in day ?

susie & perla's mom
03-06-2011, 11:39 AM
we chose to stay at Country Inn at Suites by the Airport. It's only $68 + free breakfast. We will be going on a Disney Cruise followed by a 3nt stay ay Universal Studios, do you know a decent transportation service?

CKDHaven
03-06-2011, 12:56 PM
How many people? And what is a good "reasonable" price? Off property, I find the hotels in Orlando to be very reasonable compared to the rest of the country. Weekday vs. weekend rates seem to vary a lot as well.

magicalmom
03-06-2011, 05:57 PM
La Quinta. (Edit) close to one of the gates, and not a bad place, with a little of whimsy. Across from the old Splendid China.

PETE FROM NYC
03-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Last 2 trips we drove down and stayed in Knights Inn on 192, just west of the WDW entrance. Its a small place, with all rooms at ground level, and a free continental breakfast.
Cost us less than $40 per night.

javamama
03-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Near the airport off International Drive, we stay at Hyatt Place. It's great all suites, free breakfast, and I get a crew rate nation wide there...so super reasonable. They have them across the country(I just saw one in Minneapolis), very modern rooms. We loved it last year:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-07-2011, 10:43 AM
We stayed at a Days Inn not far from Downtown Disney once the night before and it was around $40 a night, it was clean but a little worn but for the price not bad.

cajunmickey
03-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Stayed last year for one night at a comfort in not far from down town disney. It is about $49 a night. it is now a clarion. They even have gate security.

thejens
03-13-2011, 01:51 AM
We have stayed in yucky places near WDW. If you can, go for a Value Resort!!!! That's what we always do on our first night.

ransam
03-14-2011, 09:09 AM
keep in mind you can usually stay in a value for not much more than what a decent hotel in orlando would cost you.

PrettyMinnie
03-14-2011, 02:54 PM
I have to agree with the value resort. In 2007 we stayed at the Courtyard Marriot on Lake Buena Vista Drive one night, which was very nice. The service, pool and rooms were exceptional and we were close to several shops and WDW. We arrived in Orlando late, probably around 10. However, I just checked the prices and it's a bit MORE than staying at a value. We had Marriot points, so it was actually free for us or else I doubt we would have stayed there.

MarkC
03-15-2011, 12:54 PM
We are staying at the Courtyard in a few months and found a rate of $69. We did stay at a Holiday Inn just off property a few years ago and saw cockroaches walking around. Haven't stayed off property since. You can value motels for $62 or so depending on the season. Good luck.

AXOAlum
03-15-2011, 10:50 PM
We really like the comfort suites main gate EAST. It's about 5 min away & the rooms are nice. Breakfast is included & it's amazing (they have Mickey waffles).

epceddie
03-18-2011, 11:43 PM
We like the Fairfield Inn at Marriott Village. Nice pool and a really good free breakfast with at least one hot item every day.

ldc12377
03-24-2011, 09:41 AM
We like to stay at the Best Western Lakeside on Hwy 192 on the night before our Disney packages start. It doesn't have a breakfast included but it has big clean rooms, clean pool, nice playground area, and a mini golf course that is free to use for guest. It's a nice place to unwind after being on the road for a day and a half...lol It's also just a few minutes from WDW and we can usually get a room for under $50. Last year we only paid $35 and this year we found it for $42. Can't really beat the price. Good luck with your search.

spinnerf
03-27-2011, 10:00 AM
I have to agree with staying in a value resort. All the other $40-50 range hotels, you cant be sure of your going to get. In this economy especially, If someone had a nice experience 6 months to a year or more ago, things could be completely different now. Its worth the few extra dollars to know you are getting a clean and safe room at Disney. I just got back this week from Disney and when driving around the surrounding area its remearkable how much changes from visit to visit and I usually go about twice a year. (Not to say all the change is bad, but when a new pretty hotel opens next to an old one, the old one gets even older).

kms1066heb
04-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Clarion at Palm Parkway. You have shopping and restaurants at the Cross Roads shopping center a short walk away and you're across the street from the entrance to WDW Resort.

garymacd
04-01-2011, 07:33 PM
We stay at the Hampton Inn on Palm Parkway. We got hooked on them a few years ago and with some history we have with this particular hotel, we stay there every chance we get.

elmjimmlm
04-01-2011, 08:27 PM
We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express near DtD and the room is not expensive and they have a continental breakfast...We are going to stay at the Holiday Inn at DtD this year because we have a good discount with the govt...We have stayed at the Buena Vista Palace and paid as much as a moderate one night stay but the walk across to Market Place was really nice...