PDA

View Full Version : Pooh bear?

Disney_pups2
03-06-2011, 01:25 AM
I am traveling with a pooh fan and we haven't stopped for characters in so long so I have no clue how to answer her question. Does anyone know if Pooh bear can be met on Main street or at any other park and where?

Fastpasssteve
03-06-2011, 02:45 AM
Here's the deal with finding Pooh:

Read the Times Guides -- Each of the 4 main parks provide Times Guides at the gate that include character greeting times and locations.

Check the Character Location Guide -- The Magic Kingdom has these at every character location, the main tip board on Main Street, and at a lot of merchandise locations as well. This guide will tell you what *sort* of characters to expect at each location as well as what times they will be there.

Use Guest Relations -- Guest Relations at the parks are very useful (City Hall at the Magic Kingdom). They have numbers they can contact to see where everyone will be making appearances. If your child has been aching for a photo with Donald Duck, when you arrive at the park in the morning, your best bet would be to go to Guest Relations.

I have historically seen Pooh in the following locations:

-at the Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom (this is a sit-down buffet with A/C - Pooh, Tigger, Eyeore, and Piglet come around to each table)

-at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian Resort (on the MK Monorail system) for breakfast...along with Tigger, Mary Poppins, Alice, and the Mad Hatter. Great way to start the morning.

In World Showcase I have seen Pooh in the United Kingdom section.

Note: If your kids want to get Pooh's (or any other costumed character's) autograph, bring a large Sharpie marker. It is almost impossible for characters with big, fluffy hands (paws) to hold a little, tiny ink pen. Big hands, big marker. Sharpie now makes retractable markers...so much easier for this job!

mikeyrio
03-06-2011, 06:55 AM
We have had buffet breakfast at the crystal palace and yes the characters from one hundred acre wood were there including WINNIE tHE POOH.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-06-2011, 08:33 AM
We've loved meeting Pooh and Friends in the UK at Epcot. We've had some excellent interaction with them, and never had too long of a line! (I'm a big Eeyore fan, so we do the breakfast at Crystal Palace too, and we always quite enjoy it).

WDW&MK
03-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Typically we have seen Pooh and Tigger at the UK shop in Epcot. Yes, note the times in the guidemaps as to when they should be there. They are at the very back of the stores (there are a bunch of stores hooked together - they are at the very back).

As I am a huge Pooh fan I have also found that Pooh merchandise is also getting hard to find. If she finds something she likes, she may want to purchase when she sees it. Unlike other characters, you may not find it in other locations if you pass on it. The best place to find Pooh merchandise is the store that is connected to the Pooh ride in MK and there is/was a Pooh themed store in DTD. I do not know if the DTD location is still there - it was last year but with some of the renovations I haven't been able to determine if they've left it or not.

RedHead
03-06-2011, 09:06 AM
The best place to find Pooh merchandise is the store that is connected to the Pooh ride in MK and there is/was a Pooh themed store in DTD. I do not know if the DTD location is still there - it was last year but with some of the renovations I haven't been able to determine if they've left it or not.

The one in DTD is gone. I was there yesterday, and was most heartbroken to find that store closed....that was also where you could find Disney items for your pets. All closed for "renovations." Don't know what's coming there (it wasn't posted), but no Pooh Corner there anymore.
:(

KylesMom
03-06-2011, 12:36 PM
There is also a Meet and Greet at Animal Kingdom where lines never seem to be too long to meet Pooh & Tigger.

spoiled
04-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Here is where i know...
- Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom's Main Street
- he is accosionally at the 1900 Park Fare
- United Kingdom in Epcot's World Showcase
- right by the entrance to Discovery Island from Dinosaurland or whatever it's called:D there is a meet and greet with Tigger, Piglet, and Pooh. They might have eeyore. in animal kingdom;)