PDA

View Full Version : Nasa visit after cruise

wendybird
03-05-2011, 04:56 PM
My DH and DS and I are cruising in April. We will be in DW for the 5 days prior to our cruise and using Disney transportation to get to terminal. After the cruise, I would like to stay one night in Cape Canaveral so we can go to NASA (my son loves space, etc...) I looked at the Radisson and Country Inn & Suites (am leaning towards Country Inn) Any hotel recommendations or tips?? I guess we will need to taxi or use hotel shuttles to pick us up from terminal....

iloveokw
03-05-2011, 06:26 PM
We have stayed at the Country Inn and Suites, Residence Inn and Hampton Inn (it's in Cocoa Beach) and like all three. What you should do is book a rental car....I like Budget....they will pick you up after the cruise and you can get your car....go to Kennedy Space Center and then drop your car off at the Orlando airport. If you only want to do one day at KSC...then book a hotel near the airport if you have a flight at noon or earlier.

magicalmom
03-06-2011, 06:23 PM
There's a lot to do at KSC - it's worth a night in a hotel is you have time/$. The tickets used to come with a free second day.