PDA

View Full Version : Tickets

NewDVCowner
03-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Okay, I know that you can do this at Disney World, but I want to make sure it's the same at Disneyland. If you purchased a ticket (either before the trip or at the gate) and then decided you wanted to upgrade to a season pass, would the cost of the original ticket be deducted from the cost of the season pass?

My sisters and I are planning on getting season passes when we go down to Disneyland this April. To spread the cost out a bit my sisters are thinking of purchasing the three day tickets available at AAA or Safeway ahead of time, then when we get down there they want to change them to a season pass. Will DL allow that?

Thanks.

DisneyLandMomma
03-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Yes you can do that. That is how we started our APs. My husband gets discount tickets through work and we used that as our starter for the APs. Depending on what pass you're going to get, you won't want to upgrade to an AP until your last day, just in case one of the days you are there is a blackout date.

NewDVCowner
03-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Thanks! :mickey:

BrerGnat
03-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Depending on what pass you're going to get, you won't want to upgrade to an AP until your last day, just in case one of the days you are there is a blackout date.

Just so you know, if you do upgrade a multi day ticket, the Annual Pass will be backdated to the FIRST day you used that ticket. In addition, if the day you choose to upgrade the ticket happens to be a blackout day, you can still use the annual pass that day. Annual passes purchased or activated on a blackout day are valid that day. Since you live in Northern California, you only need to think about the Deluxe blackout dates, which are the following in April:

2, 9, 16, 22, 23, 30. These are all Saturdays, except for Friday the 22nd.

So, basically, you can probably upgrade your ticket at any time. Keep in mind, the earlier you upgrade the ticket, the earlier you can take advantage of the dining and shopping discounts offered by the Deluxe and Premium AP! :thumbsup: