PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom Rumor Start

NH Disneyfan
03-05-2011, 10:13 AM
My intention is not to start any rumors, but I was just exploring Google Maps satellite of MK @ DW and the picture has recently been updated. Bay Lake Tower is completed, so it is recent. You can see areas where earth movers are working - there's certainly areas for Fantasyland expansion. However, the areas I'm curious of are two closer to the train tracks - one in the back of MK behind the Toontown tents and one on "the other side of the tracks" from Toontown. Are these all expansion areas or something else additional? Interesting indeed!!!!

medic9016
03-05-2011, 11:09 AM
I would bet that is going to be some kind of service area. I don't see Disney building a guest area were you would have to cross the train tracks. Every set of blue prints I have found stops at the railroad tracks.

Figment!
03-05-2011, 04:40 PM
The construction area behind the former Toontown is reportedly for a backstage area.

To be specific, a new retention pond and associated facilities

DizneyFreak2002
03-05-2011, 07:25 PM
As Figment said, rentention ponds... There is no extra construction going on for any unannounced attraction or area...

Ramblingman
03-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Can you imagine Walt Disney trying to buy all that land secretly in today's environment with Google Earth and the internet?

I'm glad he was able to scoop up all the land, myself. Leaves lots and lots of room for more parks, rides, etc.

DizneyFreak2002
03-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Can you imagine Walt Disney trying to buy all that land secretly in today's environment with Google Earth and the internet?

I'm glad he was able to scoop up all the land, myself. Leaves lots and lots of room for more parks, rides, etc.

Or lots and lots of land for Disney to sell, land they will never build on...

wdwaggie
03-30-2011, 03:15 PM
Hopefully these are old post and you all are aware of the Fantasyland expansion??:blush:

DizneyRox
03-30-2011, 03:22 PM
Hopefully these are old post and you all are aware of the Fantasyland expansion??:blush:
Expansion into ToonTown... Not really Magic Kingdom expansion (well, just a little)...