PDA

View Full Version : It Just Keeps Getting Better! Day 7

Suz36
03-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Date: February 3rd
Cast of Characters: me (38), DH (39), DD (10), DS (7)
All-Star Music

Day 7: Hollywood Studios
We had another early morning today, with hopes of multiple rides on Toy Story Mania. Breakfast was at the food court for more Mickey waffles, then off to the park. We weren’t as early as we’d been on Tuesday, and were buried quite deep in the masses waiting for rope drop. We were looking over the crowds for our friends who were to be in the park today, but could not find them. We’d planned to meet up with them later, so no worries. We walked right on to TSM, and I was victorious this round. Score: DH 2, me 3! We grabbed FPs for a rematch later. Next, we finally took the time to walk through One Man’s Dream. It would always get scrapped from the schedule on previous trips, or be under rehab. There is a lot of really neat stuff in there! We did not watch the film, as DH hadn’t come in with us and I was anxious to reunite. We did just that, and went to see Voyage of the Little Mermaid. This was followed by another family parting, with DS and me heading to Tower of Giggles while DH and DD went shopping. They actually ended up running into our friends during their exploring. DS and I did a little Hidden Mickey searching during our adventure, then we met back up and they showed us the cool things they’d found. We slowly made our way to the front of the park, taking lots of pictures along the way. It was time for a break from park time.

We hopped on a Friendship boat and made our way to the Beach Club. We explored the resort a bit, collected some squishy pennies, and ended up at Hurricane Hanna’s Grill for lunch. What a nice, quiet place for lunch! The resort seemed practically empty, and it was wonderful to sit outside and enjoy the warm weather. We all had tasty hamburgers, and the highlight of the meal was definitely the straw dispenser! DS was having a ball with it! Instead of dropping the straw into a tray, it actually popped it up from a horizontal position to a vertical one from which you could pull it out. Yeah, we don’t get out much. After lunch, we walked to the Dolphin and popped in to use the bathrooms and check the place out. It was nice, but definitely much more conferency – not our style. We continued our walk over to Fantasia Gardens and played a round of mini-golf on the easy course. DH got the low score of the day and had his name posted on the leader board! We walked back to the Dolphin, and caught the boat back to DHS. As we disembarked, we noticed the most amazing looking bird in the tree. He looked like a very fancy heron. We asked the captain of the ship, and he told us it was an anhinga. I’d never heard of it before, but after we returned home and I started reading Rhett Butler’s People, sure enough, they mentioned an anhinga! Must be a southern thing. We made our way back into the park, did some shopping down Hollywood Blvd., and then prepared for the final battle on TSM. DH was able to even the score at 3 apiece – no one has bragging rights to carry until the next trip! We got a little snack, and then went into Animation. DS was still not satisfied with his computer time, so I sat with him while DH and DD took another Animation class. They ended up running into our friends again, and were able to learn to draw Pascal with them. It was close to the time when we’d planned to meet our friends for dinner, so we decided to stick together from that point on. We had a Photopass taken of all of us, and then went to check in at Mama Melrose’s for our early dinner with the Fantasmic package. That place was packed! We had a bit of a wait, but it was worth it, as the food and service was excellent. We had a very enjoyable, leisurely dinner, so much so that we missed the 5:30 Indiana Jones show we’d planned on. Oh well, it was well worth it for the wonderful company and to see the kids enjoying themselves so much. After delicious desserts, we decided to give Sounds Dangerous a try. All I can say is, we did it, don’t ever need to do it again. DS was disappointed that we couldn’t play in the interactive area at the end, but it was time to head for Fantasmic. The kids again had a blast just playing and being kids together while we waited for the show, which was excellent as always. We decided to head home afterwards, despite the extended park hours. I purchased this year’s scrapbook on our way out, and we rode the bus home together, as they were staying at Sports and we wanted to check it out. They were staying in the Homerun Hotel, so we hung out near the pool and chatted a bit more while the boys played football (without a football, so imaginative!) After saying our goodbyes, we made a loop through the resort to see the different areas, and then crossed the parking lot to Music, where DH went to the food court to fill our mugs while I went to the room to get the kids ready for bed. Exhausted but happy, we called it a night.

vizsla
03-05-2011, 06:26 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
03-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

yjgirl32
03-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Great report. Sounds like a very productive day.

faline
03-07-2011, 09:27 AM
This was yet another terrific day for you and your family!

I had to look up anhinga as I'd never heard of this bird before. I know I've seen them but always thought they were cormarants as they behave similarly.

KylesMom
03-11-2011, 02:29 PM
We walked right on to TSM, and I was victorious this round. Score: DH 2, me 3! Way to take the lead, Suz! :thumbsup: Too bad he gotcha back late in the day.

Great idea to vacate the parks for awhile & do a little resort hopping and miniature golf. Upon your return, you did something I was shocked to hear was open - Sounds Dangerous. Wasn't that a dangerous waste of time?! LOL

Another great day with your family and friends. I'm looking forward to where we're going tomorrow! :mickey: