PDA

View Full Version : WL recent stays

Crow
03-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Ill b there in 2 wks. Ive stayed there before, but not the last 2 trips. Its one of my favs.
any recent stays?
i love AP so booked it for a night. like the gift shop. taking the boat to MK. walkin to FW.
never used the gameroom. Didnt really like Whispering Canyon but may give it another shot.
never used room service i dont think.
i dont really like the room classifications anymore.
any tips

jonahbear2006
03-05-2011, 03:15 AM
I was there last August and stayed for a week. We arent fans of Whispering canyon cafe either but Roaring fork is ok for a burger and Artist Pointe is Not to be Missed! It is a great signature restaurant. The light show on the lake comes right by the hot tub every night so if you plan on being there, you will see it. If you have kids they have free art everyday in the children's day care. There isn't really anything else to tell. Its a small resort. Just relax and enjoy it!

RedSoxFan
03-05-2011, 08:21 AM
We stayed at WL in December and absolutely loved it. No complaints about anything. We did not eat at either of the restaurants so can't comment on them. The boat ride to MK was very quick and nice change from the busses. Enjoy your trip.:mickey:

wmdaddy
03-07-2011, 11:43 AM
WL has always been my favorite resort, but my January stay was less than magical.

-Upon arrival, no help with luggage.
-We were given a room with 1 king sized bed, when we asked for 2 queens.
-We requested a room on an upper floor, and were given a room on the bottom floor.
-The hot tubs were down for maintenance with no notification.
-We went without hot water for 2 days, before finally moving to the Polynesian.

Crow
03-07-2011, 09:29 PM
sorry you had a bad stay.
im hoping things are ok when we stay there on the 19th.