PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about planning some things out.

AmandaChan
03-04-2011, 09:04 PM
I just have a few questions and I'm sure this will be the first of a series of somewhat specific and RANDOM ones. Note: we are staying at CBR.

1. Can you get paper bowls/plates from the cafes at the resorts? Should I pack my own? I'm thinking I will pack stuff in a box to mail to ourselves ( like oatmeal packets and snacks).
What about silverware? I can't remember if you can just walk up and grab silverware. I guess you can just leave them in your room when you're done with them.

2. Do they have a microwave or toaster you can use at the cafes?

3. Which building do you suggest staying at in CBR?

4. What is everyone's experience with the bus service at CBR in the busy months like June?

5. Has anyone used the pack and plays at the resorts? They're free of charge right? Are they usually in nice condition?

That's all I can think of right now... Thanks!

jonahbear2006
03-05-2011, 03:03 AM
i dont have the answers to any of your questions other than I know in the past we have kept some of our counter service bowls and silverware. they were reuseable for quite some time. I know some of the resorts have microwaves but I have never even stepped foot on CBR. I have, however, used the pack n plays and they are in great condition and they give you a baby mickey sheet to go over the pad, so it's clean.

forever a child
03-05-2011, 10:34 AM
I think the food court would give you an extra plate or two...but I would just plan on taking your own. I don't think you want to count on them giving you a weeks worth of plates for a family of four (or whatever). We always bring our own little reusable bowls and silverware.

The CS at all of the resorts should have a microwave in the food court. If you are just planning to do oatmeal...then we have always brought our own small 4 cup coffee pot maker to the values or used the ones available in the rooms at the moderated to heat hot water for our instant oatmeal.

Can't comment on the rest of your questions. Have fun at CBR...it is the only moderate I have not visited yet and I look forward to doing it some day. The nemo rooms look so bright and cheerful. :mickey:

sara114
03-05-2011, 02:35 PM
I have stayed at CBR 3 times. There are plastic utensils that you can get in the dining area. The best thing to do is to pack a small bag or suitcase with the food items you want to take. In this bag put your utensils,disposable bowls and plates. This bag will then be used for the items you buy and want to bring back. If you don't plan on bringing back items, then make sure you pack your food items in a collapable type bag you can put in your other suitcase. I know they have microwave, but cannot remember what the toaster is....it may be the commerical type that runs the bread through. If you are doing cereals, you can purchase milk and store it in the fridge in your room. You can also buy a 2 liter of soda, it is cheaper that a single.
Just remember that you are on vacation and make it easy on yourself.

AmandaChan
03-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Thanks everyone, yeah we plan on packing a box and shipping it to ourselves a week or so ahead of time.

Jonah- thanks about the comment on the pack and plays. Our boy usually sleeps in his crib so hopefully the transition will be easy for him.

I think we'll probably just pack some disposable plates and stuff, and I guess maybe some silverware but I won't overdo it.

Great idea about the coffee pot and the milk. Didn't really think of that! Do you know if you can buy gallons of milk at the resorts???

Thanks everyone

TheRustyScupper
03-06-2011, 02:08 AM
1. Can you get paper bowls/plates from the cafes at the resorts?
. . . the gift shops usually have such

2. Do they have a microwave or toaster you can use at the cafes?
. . . the food courts do have microwaves
. . . but, there is not 24-hr access
. . . hours are usually 6:30am-10:30pm

3. Which building do you suggest staying at in CBR?
. . . it all depends upon your needs/wishes
. . . give us some boundaries

4. What is everyone's experience with the bus service at CBR in the busy months like June?
. . . like other resorts, OK

5. Has anyone used the pack and plays at the resorts? They're free of charge right? Are they usually in nice condition?
. . . all rooms have availability for these
. . . they are free for use
. . . some are in better shape than others

hokies4life
03-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Do you know if you can buy gallons of milk at the resorts???

I know I have seen half gallon's before. Not sure about full gallons.

AmandaChan
03-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Rusty, I guess we don't want to pay for a preferred room but we would like to stay where ever the walk to the busses and food court will not be too bad. Especially the food court because I'll be doing things to prepare breakfast in the AM and coming back to the room to eat and what not.

Do you know if you were to ask for a lower level room whether they consider that a preferred room or not??

And thanks I guess I didn't really consider the kitchen not being open 24 hours but I guess I'd only need it for breakfast but I will plan for otherwise.

Thank you!

magicalmom
03-06-2011, 06:17 PM
When my kids were little, we packed a hotpot and a small toaster into our food box - the toaster cost us about $10, IIRC, and the hotpot was the one I had in college. The coffeemaker in the room will also give you hot water. We've used the toaster for multiple trips when we didn't have a meal plan. Breakfast can be toaster pastries, bagels and cream cheese, oatmeal, cereals, fruit, coffee, it was great! The aforementioned also make good bedtime snacks, letting us do only one meal and a snack in the parks.

We haven't stayed at CBR, so I can't help w/ locations, sorry. Have fun!

kemps@wdw
03-07-2011, 11:18 PM
I believe we stayed in the Martinique "village". Close proximity to Old Port Royale and the main pool. Also to the quiet pool located next to the laundry room.