PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Ideas for Early Risers Staying on Property

nunners
03-04-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm usually awake by 5AM and like to escape our room or studio villa without disturbing DW and DD. I always enjoy exploring our respective resort each morning. Because we usually rent a car, I wonder if other early risers might share some of their favorite things to do or see on-property while their loved ones are sleeping?

clausjo
03-04-2011, 01:19 PM
I generally get up earlier than every one else, although not 5AM! The only things I've really done is enjoy the quiet of whatever resort we're staying at. I'll take a walk to the CS to get coffee and just take my time listening to the sounds of nature before the hectic day begins. :cloud9: I'm interested to hear what anyone else has to offer.

Itchy
03-04-2011, 02:07 PM
I generally get up earlier than every one else, although not 5AM! The only things I've really done is enjoy the quiet of whatever resort we're staying at. I'll take a walk to the CS to get coffee and just take my time listening to the sounds of nature before the hectic day begins. :cloud9: I'm interested to hear what anyone else has to offer.

I second that thought. Just being at WDW and sitting watching the sun come up and enjoying the quiet. I sit in one of the chase lounges by the pool and enjoy the moment.

Enjoy:mickey:

cather74
03-04-2011, 04:04 PM
I like to take a jog as the sun comes up. My favorite memory is jogging from the Poly to the GF and watching the sunrise. Had my Disney music on the ipod to get me in the mood.Makes me smile to even think about it. Even if you don't jog, a sunrise walk is just as good. :cloud9:

Mousemates
03-04-2011, 04:17 PM
I too like to rise early and often enjoy having the lobby (especially at the resorts with big open ones like AKL. WL, and GF) to myself where I will casually pick through the newspaper while enjoying my coffee and the background music.

If we are at a epcot resort I will often enjoy my coffee while taking a stroll over to the boardwalk and around the lake. ( A great early morning spot at the BC/YC is the solarium.)

Pirate Granny
03-04-2011, 04:36 PM
I've taken a walk around the water very early at the Caribbean Beach Resort...in the rain...very beautiful and can't be beat...with my tea in the resort cup in hand...best ever...

princessgirls
03-04-2011, 05:37 PM
I have gotten up that early...to do laundry!!! While not my favorite thing to do, you can get it done and have some quiet time, take a stroll...etc!!

Julie:mickey:

AndrewJackson
03-05-2011, 08:42 AM
I like to take a jog as the sun comes up. My favorite memory is jogging from the Poly to the GF and watching the sunrise. Had my Disney music on the ipod to get me in the mood.Makes me smile to even think about it. Even if you don't jog, a sunrise walk is just as good. :cloud9:

This sounds awesome. Makes me smile just reading your post! :D

IloveDisney71
03-05-2011, 09:10 PM
I'm not a coffee drinker like many of the previous posters :) but I enjoy walking around the any resort I'm staying at. It's very peaceful in the morning and it's a great time to take pictures of the landscape and buildings.

TheRustyScupper
03-06-2011, 02:01 AM
1) That early, walking/jogging are your only on-site choices.
. . . eateries are not open
. . . newspapers are not ready for distribution *
. . . shops are not open
. . . parks or attractions are not running
2) However, if you want to drive off-site & nearby
. . . several 24-hr eateries
. . . two 24-hr Walmarts
. . . three 24-hr fitness centers

* At some Deluxes, USA-Today has been delivered to the Front Desk. The Front Desk may or may not have dropped them at the rooms yet.

Magic Smiles
03-06-2011, 07:18 AM
:) I enjoy walking around the any resort I'm staying at. It's very peaceful in the morning and it's a great time to take pictures of the landscape and buildings.

I love to take photos in the early morning, not usually 5:00 am early though. You get some wonderful shots with the dew still on the plants.

lettripp
03-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Find a bench, a book and a beverage and watch the wildlife - The lizards are funny first thing in the AM, without kids chasing them!

BugeyedMuggy
03-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Go to the hot tubs before the kids get in them. I know they are technically not open but the CM's won't care if you are quiet. One CM actually reset our time as they walked by and told us to enjoy:cloud9: Another favorite is to have a coffee on the balcony and enjoy the quiet time.

nunners
03-07-2011, 09:33 AM
All great suggestions and I appreciate the thoughtful responses. We'll be staying at AKL Easter week and BCV in September...can't wait!

Patricia
03-07-2011, 10:03 AM
If you have never done it, hop in your car and resort hop. The resorts are beautiful and best photographed before everyone is awake and the sun is rising. I have the best pictures from the Shades of Green (watch for gators), Poly, POR, CBR taken early morning.

If you like to walk, head over to Wilderness Lodge and walk the path to Fort Wilderness. Lots of wildlife along there. We saw several deer and the squirrels were pretty entertaining.

Mickey'sGirl
03-07-2011, 12:18 PM
My early risings are not nearly as glamorous as previous posters (I'm more like princessgirls!). I get myself up and ready for the day, then organize the stuff for my family, and then tidy up/organize the room. If we're at a DVC I will almost always toss a load of laundry on. I don't have a long "alone" time though, as my DS7 is a very early riser too. :mickey:

Dream'nDisney
03-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Early AM is my favorite time at WDW, either sitting on my balcony or taking a stroll. If I do laundry on our trip, I do it in the early morning. I just get it started and then take a stroll until it is done. It is amazing how I look forward to that time, even if I am doing laundry! :blush::cloud9:

kemps@wdw
03-07-2011, 10:56 PM
the last 5 visits to the World have found me @ the Wilderness Lodge...on the boat dock (usually alone)...in my jammies...with my AM coffee...watching the sunrise over Bay Lake. :cloud9: Occasionally there'll be the family with the early breakfast ressies @ another resort or park who'll be a little surprised to see me there, but I think the CMs ferrying the guests to their respective destinations have gotten use to me being there.

slegrant
03-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Early morning walks are awesome at Fort Wilderness, especially down by the marina. I also love to have coffee and sit in my rocking chair on the deck of our cabin and listen to the birds:mickey:

steamboat willy
03-11-2011, 07:34 AM
I love to take photos in the early morning.

Getting outside before all the morning hustle and bustle begins. I enjoy a morning walk around the grounds of the Disney Resort.
I've also taken some post card looking PHOTOS of the Allstar guitar pool without anyone in the pool or in the background either. You will not get such a opportunity after EVERYONE gets up.
Just get outside and take in some Disney Magic, we're burning daylight!

Steamboat Willy

mouseketeer mom
03-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Oh! I love being an early riser in WDW. I love, love, love watching the "World" wake up. Those first monorail runs, the first Boat launches from the Poly dock, the ducks, the beach sweeper..It's a time to just "be", before the wonderful craziness of our Disney Day begins. That is the time to do nothing, yet take it all deliciously in! Have fun!

mouse2508
03-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Depending on your resort, always enjoyable to take a brief walk or jog. Personally, I'm usually too tired from the previous day's fun to do much more than grab a cup of java and enjoy the sounds while the sun rises; and if you're lucky enough to be @ AKL w/ savannah view, nothing quite like a sunrise w/ our close friends, the animals ;)