PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Villa Resort?

KAT1811
03-04-2011, 10:22 AM
We love OKW but are thinking of trying a new villa resort. I would love to hear all your feedback on the different resorts, as I always do when I am considering trying something new in Disney. ;) We are a family of 6 traveling with my parents for a total of 8 (children DD14, DD7, DD5, & DS2 1/2 at the time of intended travel). We are interested in a 2BR villa.

If you could please also tell me why you prefer that particular resort. :mickey:

Since we are looking to travel for 12 nights BCV isn't an option as it is near impossible to get a villa as a non-DVC owner for that length of stay.

:thanks: Thank you in advance for your help!

DizNut42
03-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Our favorite is BCV. We love the atmosphere and the close proximity (walking distance) to both EPCOT and HS and the fun of the boardwalk. Also, hands down, the best pool on property. Beaches and Cream.

That said, BWV would have the same proximity advantage to EPCOT and HS as well as all of the Boardwalk activities. We have never stayed here, but the rooms would be the same, just with the different theme.

I am also partial to VWL, I have always loved the rustic northwest lodge theme. Lots of fun hidden mickeys to seek out. Also, at check in, see if you can be the flag family during your stay (if they are still doing it). The flag family gets to go up on the roof and raise the flags. Then you can hang out for a bit and get some great pictures.

SSR is ok. Now they have the Tree House Villas, and those seem intriguing (rustic again). We tried to get a booking there, but alas, no availability.

AKV, we have not stayed at yet. But I think it would be really nice to be able to see the animals from your balcony.