PDA

View Full Version : Have you rented a car from Advantage before?

Dopey's Girl
03-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Hi All!

Just wondering if you have ever rented a car from Advantage before? I'm not sure I'm going to rent anything, or if I'll stick with my ME reservation, but I have a car held at advantage right now.

I'm going 4/30-5/4 and to rent at Alamo was almost $600! Advantage was only $150, but the fact that it is so much cheaper scared me into wondering if there is something wrong with the company.

Itchy
03-03-2011, 06:31 PM
While waiting for a reply from intercot'es I would do a google search to see if there are any complaints and possibly do a search on the better business bureau site in Orlando.

Hope this helps.:mickey:

faline
03-03-2011, 06:59 PM
They certainly do come up with some good prices. I looked at them last weekend and was tempted but opted NOT to rent with them. As I understand it, they are a franchised operation so each location is independently owned and service may vary widely. Reviews I read were very mixed - some folks loved them; others were very negative. There were a some reports of not having the class rented available and NOT giving free upgrades but requiring renters to pay the difference between the non-available class they rented and the next class available. Overall, just sounded too risky to me at least until/unless I hear from lots of folks who have rented in Orlando and like the operation and practices there.

Jeff
03-03-2011, 09:47 PM
I have rented with Advantage from LAX and Denver. Both experiences were fine. Nice vehicles, good service.

ransam
03-04-2011, 12:22 AM
the cars are fine. but the one i rented was in LA...and it was a long drive in a van to their location....and bad customer service.

SandmanGStefani24
03-04-2011, 12:57 AM
was not impressed. poor customer service and the vehicle was only so-so. hate to be negative on intercot, but just don't have anything nice to say.

Pirate Granny
03-04-2011, 07:42 AM
Rented from them in Denver...lots of hidden charges once I got to their location...never again.

Car was fine.

Dopey's Girl
03-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Thanks everyone! I think from the responses here, I'm going to stick with ME. Sounds like there is good reason they are so cheap!

Magic Smiles
03-05-2011, 01:37 PM
We are renting with Alamo through Costco for the period of 2 - 17 May @ $114.98 per week. Pick up at the airport and drop off at the Car Care Center in WDW. We then use DME back to the airport. 2nd driver and unlimited mileage included!