PDA

View Full Version : Made my ADRs....did I do good

nqi2
03-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Garden Grill Chip & Dale Feast (new to us)
Akerhus Character Breakfast(celebrating my girls birthdays)
O’Hana (new to us)
Teppan Edo (family favorite)
Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package (new to us)
Coral Reef (Hubby's favorite)
Whispering Canyon (new to us)

Opinions on if these were good choices. Also will take suggestions as to what try at the new places and what to expect. This is a surprise trip for our Daughters. There birthdays are Aug 5 & Aug 16th. We will be there Aug 14th -21st. So the the younger one will actually turn 4 on the day we are going to Aukerhaus. So excited for her.

renecat
03-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Have only eaten at Coral Reef Teppan Edo and Ohana's. They were all good. Might think about having lunch at Chef De France. They have a great lunch and Remy shows up and interacts with your table. Might be a nice birthday surprise for your girls. A few years ago he sang happy birthday to me. Was really cute.

forever a child
03-03-2011, 12:48 PM
We have eaten at GG, Akershus, and WL.

Absolutely love GG and Akershus! Your girls will enjoy the character interaction at both. WL was not my favorite but it is worth a try.

Looks like you have some nice choices and are trying some new places for you and your family. I think that makes it more fun too! Enjoy your time together! :mickey:

EpcotFan182
03-03-2011, 01:12 PM
I've eaten at GG, 'Ohana, Akershus, Coral Reef, and Whispering Canyon

I haven't eaten at Akershus in a while and it was for dinner, same with Coral Reef.

I liked the GG, I thought the food was good plus it's a character meal. Food is served all you care to eat family style like in Liberty Tree.

I love 'Ohana! The food was great and there was also some light entertainment. Kids are encouraged to participate in small games the CMs play.

Overall I thought Whispering Canyon had good food, note though that CMs go around the dining room and may play games with you or encourage you to participate in whatever they're doing. It's usually hit or miss because some people love it while others are just "eh". I was a fan of the food but not with the participation factor.

NJGIRL
03-03-2011, 01:42 PM
We had breakfast at Ackerhus for the first time last Nov during our girls trip and loved it. I was a little worried about the menu but booked it anyway because my niece loves the princesses. The breakfast was very good and so was the character interaction.

Teppan Edo :thumbsup:

Whispering Canyon is so much fun, especially the first time. We also enjoyed the food.

I wasn't impressed with Mama Melrose. It wasn't bad, just not great. Sometimes you trade off OK food for the atmosphere in Disney, but I didn't feel that there was much of that either. We had the dinner package, our selection was limited and had overpriced average food.

Jared
03-03-2011, 02:05 PM
I still love 'Ohana, despite the barrage of negative publicity it has received recently. I suppose my I've been lucky, but I will continue dining there until given a reason otherwise. It ranks among my family's favorite restaurants on property.

I have also had better experiences at Mama Melrose's than most seem to have. It's nothing special, but it's a good option for the Fantasmic! package.

Lots of people consider Garden Grill the best character meal on property.

Have fun!

BluewaterBrad
03-03-2011, 02:47 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:!!!!

princessgirls
03-03-2011, 02:50 PM
All good choices!!!!!

Julie:mickey:

Disney4us2
03-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Great choices:thumbsup:

We will be there around the same time and eating at a few of your choices:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-03-2011, 03:25 PM
They look great to me although I haven't eaten at any of them except mama's....we are trying new places this trip too and Ohana's and Whispering canyon are on our list. Be sure to give a review when you get back.

PrettyMinnie
03-04-2011, 11:52 AM
We are interested in several of your choices but as always are apprehensive. Let us know how you like them!!! Have a wonderful time!

:minnie:

SBETigg
03-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Looks like a good selection of family friendly choices. Have a wonderful time!

Kaps
03-04-2011, 02:50 PM
I have eaten at most and all are very good. You will love Whispering canyon and O hana's my personal favorite. Always watch the Water pageant and fireworks from the beach at the Poly after we eat there.

darthmacho
03-04-2011, 03:27 PM
We've been to Garden Grill, Ohana, Coral Reef, Akershus, and Whispering Canyon, the last one four times, and I totally endorse all of those choices. Great decisions all around. :mickey:

nqi2
03-04-2011, 04:17 PM
I forgot to mention that we have ate at the Akerhaus before.

I hope to be able to see the water pageant we have a 7:50 reservation time and I'm hoping that gives us enough time to be able to see it. Or can you see it from the restaurant?

We have done Hollywood N Vine for the fantasmic several times and wanted something different so we thought we would try Mama Melroses.

This is only our second time staying on property and really getting to enjoy the sit down meals. So we are quite excited about trying different ones for a while.

mom2morgan
03-04-2011, 08:24 PM
You did awesome! Some of my favourites there for sure, and Akershus for the girls' birthdays is a great choice!

Stitch98
03-06-2011, 08:18 PM
I have eaten at Whispering Canyon, Mama Melrose (Fantasmic Dinner package), Ohana, and the Garden Grill. I love Whispering Canyon and its interactivity - it is a fun place for kids, but not a quiet place to relax!

One of my favorite places to eat of all time is Mama Melrose. It has great food, some of the best servers we have ever encountered, and a great atmosphere.:chef:

crazygoalie39
03-06-2011, 09:05 PM
I've eaten at Ohana, Mama Melrose's, and WC and I highly recommend them all. All of their food is fantastic. Mama Melrose's is one of our favorite restaurants. It has an amazing atmosphere. WC is also extremely fun. :mickey:

johnO
03-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Yes

BigThunderFan
03-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Garden Grill Chip & Dale Feast (new to us)
Akerhus Character Breakfast(celebrating my girls birthdays) We loved this meal, good character interaction too.
O’Hana (new to us) One of our new favorites since trying it for the first time in January
Teppan Edo (family favorite)
Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package (new to us) A lot better than people give it credit. We enjoyed it, and the short wait for F!
Coral Reef (Hubby's favorite)
Whispering Canyon (new to us)Love it, make sure to ask for ketchup! :mickey:

Ramblingman
03-08-2011, 04:16 PM
If you have time and want to add something else for the girls, consider Crystal Palace for breakfast. It's a character breakfast with Pooh characters and children love it.