PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Reservations ?'s

mgmnut
03-03-2011, 07:37 AM
We are planning on getting the DP for July but have not yet purchased it. Can we make advanced reservations now if we are using the DP but have not yet purchased it? Do we have to tell them up front when making reservations that we are on the dining plan? DW wants to start making the ressies now. If we purchase the DP do we pay now or at check in? When we make reservations do they put anything on the credit card used to hold the reservation, especially for something like the Hoop De Do Revue?

PopPhan
03-03-2011, 07:59 AM
You can make ADRs even WITHOUT having the DDP (and probably should.)

Anyone can make ADRs at 180 days out from their trip. Since you are well inside that time frame, you should probably TRY to make them ASAP.

As for paying for the DDP....I believe, (and will be corrected if I am wrong LOL), that you a) must add DDP at least 72 hours before your arrival and b) unless you are staying at a DVC resort on points, it must be paid for by that same 72 hour point. (That one is kind of strange since DDP must be part of a 'package' reservation -- room + MYW tickets + DDP -- but can be added to a 'standard' package -- room + MYW tickets -- just prior to arrival.)

It's been a while since we did HDDR, but I believe that nothing is charged to your credit card until the night of the reservation - no hold, no pre-charge, nothing. That way you can use DDP credits OR allow them to charge your card at that time. If you are going to be using DDP credits, you must let them know when you book, because DDP credits cannot be used for "Tier 1" seating (i.e. front-and-center)

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Yes, you can make ADR's without ever adding the DDP.

There are some places that will charge your CC when you make the reservation (CRT, Hoop-Dee-Doo, actually any dinner show), the rest just take your CC number in case you don't show up or cancel (and only a handful do that, like the Princess Meal in Norway).

For us, since we were going in January, we couldn't book a package in July (they weren't out yet), so we made our ADR's without the DDP, and just paid for HDD (which we were going to anyways for Tier 1 seating).

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-03-2011, 10:19 AM
If you have dining plan they won't charge your cc correct?

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Correct.

They will only charge it if you don't show up, or cancel within the cancellation time. Only a few places need your CC number at all.

Jared
03-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Very few restaurants require a credit card confirmation. Cinderella's Royal Table and Victoria & Albert's come to mind, but not too many others. Advance Dining Reservations are not connected to the dining plan, so you should certainly make your arrangements as soon as you're ready!