PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle/taxi from sanford airport to MCO ?

LiloLovesTheKing26
03-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Anyone ever take a taxi from sanford to MCO? it's 33 miles so I have NO idea what that would run. Does the city bus run that way? thanks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-03-2011, 09:47 AM
I think it would be quite expensive. I just used an on-line fare cacluator, and it came out to $100! :jaw:

I don't know about limo or towncar services, they would most likely run about the same.

I did some looking on the Lynx bus site, and there does seem to be busses between Sanford and MCO (but they don't seem to be direct), but it would take a couple of hours.

I'm sorry, this isn't an "easy" trip it seems. Are you trying to get to MCO to take Magical Express to Disney? It might be easier just to go direct from Sanford.

PopPhan
03-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Are you trying to get to MCO to take Magical Express to Disney?

I don't think this would be an option. I believe that you MUST fly into/out of MCO to be able to use DME, as DME is linked to your flight(s).

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Good point, I didn't think of that!

faline
03-03-2011, 11:23 AM
I thought Magical Express was available to anyone on day of check-in at a Disney resort and on the day of check-out at a Disney resort. Some folks have stayed at an off-site hotel on the day of arrival and then returned to the airport the following day to use Magical Express.

PopPhan
03-03-2011, 11:51 AM
I thought Magical Express was available to anyone on day of check-in at a Disney resort and on the day of check-out at a Disney resort. Some folks have stayed at an off-site hotel on the day of arrival and then returned to the airport the following day to use Magical Express.

I looked through the documentation on the WDW Online site and can only find mention of Orlando International Airport (MCO)

Since DME needs flight information, and is contracted with MCO and NOT Sanford, I am assuming (yes, I know what that does...) that without a valid MCO flight, DME would not be available.

faline
03-03-2011, 11:54 AM
I looked through the documentation on the WDW Online site and can only find mention of Orlando International Airport (MCO)

Since DME needs flight information, and is contracted with MCO and NOT Sanford, I am assuming (yes, I know what that does...) that without a valid MCO flight, DME would not be available.

It's definitely NOT available directly from Sanford and runs only out of Orlando Airport. but I do know that folks have used Magical Express the day after their flight has landed.