PDA

View Full Version : Food & Wine Festival dilemma

luvdiznee
03-02-2011, 07:15 PM
We wanted to do Disney September 24-October 2, We chose these dates to get the late summer discount since staying at AKL hopefully get to go to MNSSHP:pumpkin: and as equally important, attend the F&W Festival :wine: And maybe one last "free dining" freebie. :fingers:

But now it's come up that my nephew is getting married...on October 1. We haven't been to F&W and MNSSHP in a couple years. I could move the it back by a day or so, but that adds to more time DD has to take off from school. If we want to keep the same number of nights, which we do since we haven't done this in a while.

But my real question is; does the F&W Festival do a "dry run", in other words where it starts a day maybe 2 before the actual posted date of September 30th.

We are somewhat close, not just living in the same town. :secret: We did all (not his fiance') take a trip to Disney and geuss where he wants to honeymoon. Yep.

Anyway, what do you think. :marg:

Melanie
03-02-2011, 07:29 PM
But my real question is; does the F&W Festival do a "dry run", in other words where it starts a day maybe 2 before the actual posted date of September 30th.

Last year it did indeed start the day before. Almost everything was open by 2pm, with the exception of the 15 Beers for 15 Years kiosk.

PopPhan
03-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Last year it did indeed start the day before. Almost everything was open by 2pm, with the exception of the 15 Beers for 15 Years kiosk.

Wish I knew that!! We left late on the Thursday (Sept. 30) before F&WF started this past September....We could have had a few samples before heading home!!!!

You learn something new every day!!!

luvdiznee
03-03-2011, 08:54 AM

I thought so. Good to confirm, though. So now just to decide if we need to move dates or go with the way things are. :secret: