PDA

View Full Version : poohs new queue

readytogo2
03-02-2011, 05:08 PM
just got back from week long trip had a great time but one thing really bothered me. we were in line at pooh ride and there were new drums for the kids to beat on then there was something where you turned a wheel and balls popped up making more noise is it just me or what im all for improving things but i dont think this was thought out to well

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-02-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm sorry you didn't like it. We thought it was great to keep the kids busy, except of course that sometimes they didn't want to leave their activity when the line moved ahead!

Melanie
03-02-2011, 06:57 PM
except of course that sometimes they didn't want to leave their activity when the line moved ahead!

That's exactly my gripe with these new interactive queues, Heather.

ransam
03-02-2011, 10:13 PM
i've seen adults that didn't want to stop playing either. ha

CaptSmee
03-02-2011, 10:14 PM
I thought they new Pooh queue was great & if I were younger I would sure like it better than the attraction!:blush:

BluewaterBrad
03-03-2011, 03:27 PM
We thought it was great also. I would think little kids would love it.:mickey:

Mousemates
03-03-2011, 10:15 PM
yep its noisy...but we loved it and had a blast watching the little ones having a blast...thought the honey wall was awesome.

brivers222
03-04-2011, 09:16 AM

I'm sorry, i keep trying to remind myself to not bang on the drums all day!

one thing i love about disney over any other themepark is their themeing in queues.... takes a little bit of the pain out of 30min waits for 1.5min rides :)

lovinmesomedisney
03-04-2011, 09:41 AM
I thought it was fabulous! My kids are older now, but I sure wish they had that when they were younger. Nothing more miserable for a little kid than standing in line looking at people's bottoms! It gives them something to do while waiting. Heck, even I and my 17 year old daughter enjoyed playing with the honey! :pooh:

Pop Centurion
03-04-2011, 09:25 PM
I'll admit many of the interactive queue's occupy kids to the point that they sometimes don't want to move with the line, but I guess it's better than having them get cranky & throwing a tantrum because they're in a long boring line.
I think it even makes for entertainment for the adults watching kids interact with the activities.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-04-2011, 09:32 PM

I can agree with that. Even as adults I enjoyed the hunny, and had to remember to keep moving with the line. It may be interesting to see if this backfires at all ... with people moving from activity to activity, instead of the line constantly moving?

Dirty Bird Street
03-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Attraction lines are as subject to stop-start bottlenecking whether or not there's an actual interactive distraction at hand. Sometimes parties are so focused on some personal/group circumstance that they lose track of line motion. Happens to the best of us.

As for me: if it keeps the littlest ones happy (I still remember just how much I despised lines as a tot), then I'm all in favor of it. Lightens the load on families somewhat, and psychologically makes the wait a lot shorter (even if aggregate time increases). And sure, when I was in the queue for Pooh, the noise was rather prominent—which was the perfect time to fire up the iPod and let others have their fun.