PDA

View Full Version : Changing hotels after deposit?

McLiberal8
03-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Is this possible?

I have always stayed at value resorts, so this is new to me.

Planning to visit in October and stay at Poly - if for whatever reason we change our minds, and want to change to a moderate resort/another deluxe, is this possible? Or will we be losing our vacation deposit and would just have to start over again?

Thanks!

faline
03-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Are you booking a package or a room only?

With a package, you can hange without penalty up to 45 days prior to arrival. With a room only, you can change up to 5 or 6 days (I forget which) prior to arrival.

McLiberal8
03-02-2011, 12:56 PM
I am planning on doing a package, with DDP and two 4-day PH tickets.

So we are able to change hotels if need be? That's great to hear - thanks!

faline
03-02-2011, 01:09 PM
You can change hotels with a package but you begin to have penalties with changes that occur with 45 days of date of arrival (Your package will need to be paid in full at 45 days out).

Keep in mind, though, that if you are booking a package as the result of a special offer, you might not be able to get the same offer when you rebook into a different resort or class of resort if the offer has since expired or if any there are no more rooms available in your newly selected resort that qualify for the discount.

clausjo
03-02-2011, 01:24 PM
I changed hotels when I was planning my trip we took a few weeks ago. As long as you're within that 45 day window, you should be good. We're planning on going in October as well and are booked at POFQ and I'm hoping for a discount so we can upgrade to AKL. Have fun!

Ian
03-02-2011, 01:35 PM
I'm sure one of our Magical Journeys folks will come along and give a definitive answer to this, but I could swear I've read or heard something that you can upgrade a hotel reservation after a booking but you can't downgrade.

I may be wrong, though ... I just seem to remember this happening to us once before.

CleveRocks
03-02-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm sure one of our Magical Journeys folks will come along and give a definitive answer to this, but I could swear I've read or heard something that you can upgrade a hotel reservation after a booking but you can't downgrade.

I may be wrong, though ... I just seem to remember this happening to us once before.You're correct. Evem after the 45-day mark, if you make changes that INCREASE the package price then there is no change fee. It's only if your changes DECREASE the total cost that you'll need to pay a change fee.

BEFORE you hit that 45-day mark, any changes are fair game and incur no cost, even if it results in a decrease in the package price.

Definitive answer, even though I don't work for Magical Journeys.:cool:

Tink1
03-02-2011, 08:47 PM
You're correct. Evem after the 45-day mark, if you make changes that INCREASE the package price then there is no change fee. It's only if your changes DECREASE the total cost that you'll need to pay a change fee.

BEFORE you hit that 45-day mark, any changes are fair game and incur no cost, even if it results in a decrease in the package price.

:

:thumbsup: