PDA

View Full Version : Can we do this?

KennyandKim
03-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Can we get married in a private ceremony with just a minister and the two of us with our girls? We want to get married at Disney but not in a big fancy ceremony. Where can I get more information?

forever a child
03-01-2011, 09:04 PM
No sure ...but here is the link

http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/

Sounds like it would be very special!

Narawen
03-01-2011, 10:21 PM
For an official Disney wedding, the "escape collection" in the link above would be for you. It it for up to 20 guests and tells you what is included here:

http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/weddings/florida/escape/included/detail

Under that heading there is also the memories collection, for 6 people including the bride and groom.

Also, if it will just be a few people, I've heard of some couples going into the park with their ordained officiator and witnesses, finding a quiet spot, and performing a quick ceremony in the park. Not sure what Disney would do if you got "caught"; and then you could enjoy a special dinner afterwards.

KylesMom
03-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Opinion only - but you know what? I wouldn't take a chance in the world that I was doing something that wasn't sanctioned by Disney on my wedding day by trying to sneak around to get a service done. Really. If this is the most magical day of your new lives together, you don't want your party to be broken up by sneaking around on your wedding day, getting caught and having the worst memory of your first day as husband & wife getting shoo'ed away - especially with your DDs involved. It happens - and it's been documented here before. If you can't afford a Disney wedding, make magic for yourselves in another place, then have an informal reception at every pavilion Epcot has to offer. :wine:

Best of wishes to you both!

Dulcee
03-02-2011, 07:29 AM
Call the line for WDW weddings and talk to a coordinator!

We had friends do this about 5 years ago. It was them, their two witnesses and an officiant. Disney was fantastic it keeping it simple and personal and they had a beautiful dinner with just the four of them after wards at the Floridian. She also mentioned Disney was fantastic about keeping it in the budget she wanted to spend and there were a couple of lovely surprises along the way.

BrerGnat
03-02-2011, 11:57 AM
If Disney ends up being too expensive, look at the Swan/Dolphin! I know a few people who have done their ceremony there, and then had the reception at a Disney restaurant. S/D is more reasonable in their prices for doing this type of small, intimate ceremony.

Although, in full disclosure, we had a Disney wedding and it was the most amazing day ever! And, it wasn't nearly as expensive as I thought it would be ($10.5K for 50 guests...and EVERYTHING done by Disney).

MarkC
03-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Friend of mine had a daughter who wanted to get married at Disney, and her brother is a CM. Did not matter-- to get married anywhere on Disney property was going to cost thousands of dollars. And per the other poster, don't dare try and sneak something in or you could suffer the consequences and have your wedding ruined.

lovinmesomedisney
03-02-2011, 12:24 PM
OK, I don't understand. I have witnessed two different occasions where people got engaged at the MK. So, if a person pays their way into the park, you're meaning to tell me, they can't just stand at the garden or wherever else they want and have a minister marry them????? Seriously, I don't see why not. Not like they are stopping a parade or anything.

lovinmesomedisney
03-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Have your wedding at the MNSSHP. They will think you're in costume and never know the difference!!!! :D

Scar
03-02-2011, 01:10 PM
I sure don't know what the rule is, but I find it hard to believe that Disney allows groups of 50 teenagers to walk around chanting, singing, and cheering, but wouldn't allow a group of 10 or so people to just stand around in a quiet corner some place.

faline
03-02-2011, 01:19 PM
To my knowledge, Disney does not allow do-it-yourself weddings to take place on Disney property. Just think what Valentine's Day at any one of the parks and/or resorts might look like if this were allowed?

Folks have offered several useful suggestions for alternatives. Discussion on ways to "sneak" in a wedding will not be allowed.

Scar
03-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Just think what Valentine's Day at any one of the parks and/or resorts might look like if this were allowed?No worse than any other capacity day. Sounds like a great opportunity for WDW to boost sales for that day/week/weekend.

Now the resorts I can understand not allowing it.

BrerGnat
03-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Disney doesn't allow in park private ceremonies because they are Private entity and can make whatever rules they wish as to what goes on on their property.

Plus, they have a dedicated program for weddings, and they want to sell that.

The intimate ceremonies are a few thousand dollars. If that's not in the budget, look for other options, and settle on a Disney honeymoon. :mickey:

lovinmesomedisney
03-02-2011, 05:52 PM
To my knowledge, Disney does not allow do-it-yourself weddings to take place on Disney property. Just think what Valentine's Day at any one of the parks and/or resorts might look like if this were allowed?

Folks have offered several useful suggestions for alternatives. Discussion on ways to "sneak" in a wedding will not be allowed.

Wouldn't be any worse than Easter or Christmas or any other holiday. Seriously, I see no harm. I would love to know the REAL DISNEY response to this. If the original poster finds anything out, let us know!

faline
03-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Here's a response on Disneys Mom's Panel to a similar question. Clearly, the official word from Disney is that private wedding ceremonies are not allowed on Disney property.

Hello Jolene, although I don't have personal experience with Disney Weddings, I was very interested in finding out the answer because my niece is getting married in 2012 . I made several phone calls and the answer at this time is that you are not allowed to gather and have a wedding ceremony on Disney property. If you are interested in more information on how to have a wedding planned and carried out by Disney you can call Disney's Wedding Reservations at 407-827-6799. They can try to help you customize a beautiful wedding with your budget in mind.

Since the question has been answered, this topic will be closed.