PDA

View Full Version : My WDW Excel Schedule Sheet

steamboat willy
03-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Anyone else do this?
Leave Sept Sept Sept Sept Sept Sept Sept Oct
for.... Sat..Sun..Mon..Tues.Wed.Thur.Fri.Sat
Disney 24...25...26....27....28....29....30....1

I just finished updating All Park Hours, :balloon:Extra Magic hours, Fireworks Times :fworks:and Places, Parade Times, Special Events during our upcoming September Trip on a 1 Excel sheet. It helps us decide on the Park or Parks that day due Park Hours (EMH) Fireworks :fworks:, Special Events (MNSSHP) :pumpkin:, We print out on card stock and stick it our Disney Folder and carry it down to Our Happy Place. :pixie:

:beer::vacation::beer:

Anyone else go to this degree of planning?

lettripp
03-01-2011, 04:45 PM
We do too! We do it mostly for planning ADRs and any... unique plans... It gets us in the Disney Mood nice and early to play with our calendar :-)

cer
03-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Yep, we do it, too...

But like lettripp, we also include flight information as well as dining reservations and confirmation numbers.

Nice to have all the info in one place. :thumbsup:

Jeddie
03-01-2011, 05:28 PM
This will be the 3rd time since 2005 that I'll be preparing "the spreadsheet", as my family has now come to grow and love, and still poke fun at me sometimes :mickey:

Our schedule includes the parks we plan to visit each day (morning and afternoon w/ PH), EMH, and restaurants (B,L,D) and ADRs with confirmation numbers. For those times we were on the DDP, I would also keep a count next to each to track how many meals we would need to redeem and which meals we would pay out of pocket for.

I love my spreadsheet, and can't wait to get working on my next one for later November this year! :D

drhama
03-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Yep. Been doing it for years. Helps with all planning, especially ADRs. Anxiously awaiting October hours to finalize dining options. :mickey:

AndrewJackson
03-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Yes, I do. :blush:

And I include crowd estimates from a couple of other sites.

faline
03-01-2011, 06:13 PM
I do a simple word table which contains all our pertinent information - park we plan to visit that day; park hours for all parks (including extra magic hour information); dining reservations; and fireworks times. It's concise - usually 1-2 pages in total.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-01-2011, 06:35 PM
:ditto: I'm the same. We end up with the 1 page "everything you want to know about our trip", which has EMH info, what parks we're going to, ADR's and any other confirmation #'s or info ... all in one place! (And it is fun to see it get filled in as we get closer and closer to the trip).

beksy
03-01-2011, 06:46 PM
I have one of these too! It lists the date, park hours for each park, EMHs, parade and firework times, special things we might have scheduled that day, ADRs, Confirmation Numbers, and meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (ADR, QS, or in room, oop, etc.). It is color-coded and I do it partially for my enjoyment and partially to keep track of everything at a glance. It is one page (two for a longer trip) that I print out and put into a plastic sheet protector to protect on rides with water, rain, spills. I give everyone a copy but I keep the master!

DisneyMom12
03-01-2011, 06:52 PM
I do as well, and give a copy to everyone going.

PopPhan
03-01-2011, 07:53 PM
I always keep an Excel spreadsheet with all our info: dates across the top, parks (including water parks) down the side; nighttime parades and fireworks under the park info; times in the grid - early EMH highlighted yellow, late EMH highlighted a dusky color; below all that - by day - are flights, ADRs, etc. -- ALL with their associated confirmation numbers; below all that is a block with the Resort logo, address, phone/fax numbers.....We don't mark what park we are going to be in because we leave that pretty much up to chance - depends on when we want to get up and out for the day, what conditions are in each park, etc.

When printed out, the whole 11-day/10-night trip fits on one sheet of paper, landscape format, no margins.

Copies go to all our party and at least one stays home for whoever is caring for our house and animals while we are away.

JPL
03-01-2011, 10:18 PM
While I do take any information needed in various forms I have never done a spreadsheet for WDW or any other vacation for that matter. Probably never will. The most I usually do is set up reminders on my phone calendar for any ADRs or other special plans I have I just include the confirmation number in the event title or description.

brownie
03-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Everything went into Google Calendar which synced to my EVO. Everything was also put in TripIt, either forwarded by email or entered by hand (TripIt was able to import advance dining reservations confirmation emails I forwarded to it.) I printed the trip from TripIt into a pdf file which I converted to a PocketMod. A PocketMod is a single sheet of 8.5x11 paper which turns into an 8 page mini-book when folded. We all had copies of the PocketMod with a day on each page.

Since Tripit allows you to share trips with others, I was able to share the trip with those watching the house back home.

conan617
03-01-2011, 11:51 PM
Great idea. I just finished putting the parks, dates we're going and extra magic hours in a spread sheet.

I am looking for threads about fireworks, MNSSHP and other things I am not familiar with such as Fantasmic. If anyone has any good info on the special events, I'd love to incorporate them into my spreadsheet.

Thanks again for the great idea!

luvmyboys4ever
03-02-2011, 01:38 AM
I do this for every vacation! I actually have a travel binder. We usually drive everywhere, so I have all of the park info and all of the info needed for the drive...rest areas, gas stations between every 175-190 miles, restaurants on the way, alternate directions in case of traffic, all of the maps needed, copies of IDs, CCs and health insurance, tickets...etc. It's all in the binder! Everyone laughs when they see it, but they always find a need for it along the way! :thumbsup: Let's just say that binder never leaves my sight...the whole trip is in it! One thing I do that might be a little overkill is that I print out business cards with our ADR confirmation numbers, date, time and our name, so I can just hand them to the hostess of each restaurant. :blush: Like I said, overkill!

vizsla
03-02-2011, 05:02 AM
We do a spreadsheet every trip with the EMH, ADRs, and so on, and everyone has a copy.

steamboat willy
03-02-2011, 07:51 AM
I am looking for threads about fireworks, MNSSHP and other things I am not familiar with such as Fantasmic. If anyone has any good info on the special events, I'd love to incorporate them into my spreadsheet

Go to the tabs at TOP of this Intcot page and click the Info INFO CENTRAL tab, on the left side column now gives you Park Hours :balloon:thru Sept, and Events which includes Parade times :tuba:and Fireworks.:fworks:
Lot of other information too! :thumbsup:

Ian
03-02-2011, 11:05 AM
We don't typically do this, but we've actually found that with the need to make so many ADR's now some of our trips ended up a bit frustrating because we were constantly jumping from place to place to hit dining reservations. This caused us to miss out on quite a few things and it became an issue with the kids especially ("I don't care if you want to stand in line and see Mickey! We have reservations!!!!")

So for this next trip, we did end up sketching out a rough schedule just to make sure we adequately covered time spent in each of the parks, sufficient down time, time for character meets, water parks, pool time, etc.

joonyer
03-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Yup, I do it too, although we don't set any touring plan in stone, other than a couple of ADR's. We usually decide what parks we want to hit each morning as we are having breakfast. But I do have my sheet with all the park hours, fireworks and parade times, etc. That way if we decide to change our plan for the day on the fly, we have all the info about what, when, & where right at hand.

yjgirl32
03-02-2011, 11:44 AM
I have made them for the last 3 trips and worked great- I too add park hours- emh- dining- parades- fireworks- and anything special. Have a great trip and happy planning.

Disney4us2
03-02-2011, 01:23 PM
I just use a calendar (computer program) with all our ADR's and park hours with EMH. I don't plan anything out other than that. For us dining is an attraction as well as the rides etc. It has worked out for us so far.

Ramblingman
03-02-2011, 02:32 PM
My wife does the spreadsheet, has for years. It gets the family excited with anticipation that builds to the day of departure and carries over.

We have not done the copy for each person idea before, we may have to this next time, as the children are in college now and will likely be going on their own now and then.

I think it's a great idea to put it on a spreadsheet. It can help with reservations, plus it can allow you see quickly if you are missing something that you really wanted to make sure you did. It also can help with budgeting for the trip.

EeyoresBestFriend
03-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Me too!!

I have dates and dining ressie times, ALL confirmation numbers for dining, events and car rentals!! The parks we go to depends on our mood and the weather. And yes, we are park hoppers!! :D

I usually have 3 or 4 copies - one on the mirror in the room, one that is always with me and one with someone else in the party if we get separated.

Love it!!! :thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
03-06-2011, 02:22 AM
We use our own spreadsheet.
. . . calculates entire budget for the trip
. . . lists all ADR dates, times, ressie numbers
. . . says when to call to make ADR's
. . . shows all DDP meals and OOP meals & costs
. . . shows your on-site and off-site activities and costs
. . . exchanges currency values automatically
. . . shows EMH days/parks
. . . adds your travel costs for car & plane
. . . adds in souvenir and misc costs
. . . automatically calcs room costs by season
. . . calcs ticket prices
. . . allows for discounts you may receive

WDWgoofy
03-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Is it possible to do a trip to WDW without a spreadsheet?

KylesMom
03-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Is it possible to do a trip to WDW without a spreadsheet?

Sure . . . I prefer PowerPoint. :D

In all seriousness, I'm sure it's just us uber-obsessive planners who go to such extreme lengths. :mickey: