PDA

View Full Version : Special Room Requests for Birthdays..

lovedisneymagic
03-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Hello!! I have faith in all the smart Disney fans out there! Can you guys help me with my question :mickey: We are going to Disney for our daughter's 2nd Birthday! I called to see if they would put a balloon or two in our room with a signed autograph of Mickey and Minnie..maybe a Birthday button for her. I'm not sure but thought they offered this complimentary for their guests..but when I called they said I would have to call the Disney Florist. Does anyone know if they do honor special occasions like Birthday's in any special way or anything they'll do for her? (Complimentary at the hotel or in the parks) Thanks so much in advance for any respones! Have a magical day!:mickey:

-Jackie

floridamom
03-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Birthday buttons are complimentary. We've gotten them at resort check-in, the parks and Downtown Disney (guest services). It's nice because all day CMs (and random friendly park-goers) wish your child a happy birthday.

As far as balloons and autographs, I don't believe that is something you could request for free. I haven't personally used Disney Florist, but I do receive their emails, and I am sure they would be able to put something together for you. Anyone else out there have more experience on this?

PopPhan
03-01-2011, 02:47 PM
First off....:welcome: to INTERCOT!

As the PP said, Birthday Buttons are complimentary and can be picked up at the resort desk or in any park.

As far as the in-room surprise...Other than calling Disney Florist, I would suggest having a note put on your reservation that you have a youngster with a birthday during your visit. It may trigger something for Mousekeeping or the resort staff, or it may not, but it wouldn't hurt!

Have a Magical trip!!

buzznwoodysmom
03-01-2011, 03:01 PM
My oldest turned 7 on a trip back in 2007. We were staying at WL for that trip and on his birthday when we returned to the room that night there was a bunch of balloons attached to a card signed from Mickey. Not sure if they still do this, and it was not something I requested. My youngest will be turning 9 at WL next Wednesday and he keeps asking if we thing he'll get balloons too. I've told him not to count on it. If he does get balloons great, if not, oh well, he's having his birthday in WDW....that's enough of a celebration!

lovedisneymagic
03-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Thank you all so much for your prompt responses and warm welcome! :mickey: All of your information is very helpful and I will look into getting her a Birthday Button. When I called earlier and spoke with wd travel company they took down my dd's name and asked how old she is turning.. so fingers crossed they might do a little something! (Hey, who am I kidding she'll be happy with some towel animals) :) (Hopefully our resort makes them this time :( Thanks again! :thumbsup:

-Jackie

Upcoming Trip April 2011 Pop Century!!!!

forever a child
03-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Last year one of our trips was a belated Bday gift for DD. I had noted it on hotel ressies and when we arrived we found in the room that they gave her a Mickey Mouse Photo in a card, the photo was signed and there was a photopass card in pocket sleeve of photo holder.

And Welcome to Intercot!

WDWFanatic
03-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Hi Jackie,

We got towel animals when we stayed at Pop this past November. We always make a point of saying hello and making small chat with mousekeeping if we see them, and leave a daily tip. The one time we didn't get a towel animal my son left a note asking for one and there was one when we returned.

Hope you daughter has a great birthday, and you all have a great trip.

PS I loved when my kids where 2, such a fun age! Enjoy.

lovedisneymagic
03-01-2011, 04:19 PM
forever a child-
What a nice surprise that must have been for your dd! Hopefully we get a little surprise for ours as well! :party: (Thanks for the warm welcome too! :) )

WDWFanatic- Thanks for the ideas with mousekeeping..my dh and I didn't have much luck getting towel animals at our last stay at pop :( We will defintely make sure to tip well and make a few side notes! :) Thanks for her Birthday wishes! This is the best age! What a wonderful way to celebrate it at Disney!:party:

olivegirl
03-01-2011, 04:27 PM
We stayed at POP Century in August. My birthday was noted on the ressie. The day we checked in to my surprise was a HUGE bouquet of balloons, autograph pic of Micky and Minnie!! Also there were 7 towel animals all around the room!!!!! I was sooo thrilled!!! Even turning 45 I still felt like a child!!! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
03-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Last year one of our trips was a belated Bday gift for DD. I had noted it on hotel ressies and when we arrived we found in the room that they gave her a Mickey Mouse Photo in a card, the photo was signed and there was a photopass card in pocket sleeve of photo holder.

And Welcome to Intercot!

Now that you say that, we've gotten the same thing on our past few trips with birthdays. We've been to WDW for my birthday for the past 3 summers and upon entering the room I've found the same card on each trip. No balloons like DS had, but its still something!

TammiMcMan
03-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Balloons and birthday cards are complimentary, however they are not guaranteed. It depends on the staffing at the resort and whether they have a runner available to deliver them to your room. You can note it on your reservation and also stop by the concierge desk in the lobby when you arrive. If you want to ensure that the birthdays are recognized, then I would suggest you call the Disney Florist and place an order with them. Nothing will be delivered to your room until after you check-in and get a room assignment

TheRustyScupper
03-01-2011, 09:27 PM
1) Have your anniversary-birthday-honeymoon-etc noted on the ressie or on ADR's.
2) The CM's have a lot of leeway of things to do or not do for you.
3) It simply is a matter of the CM's initiative and how busy they are that day.
4) It also depends upon how much they like you as a guest.
5) Some of the things a CM can do for free are
. . . decorate table with Mickey confetti
. . . best table location
. . . special personalized menu
. . . autographed birthday cards
. . . balloons
. . . gifts for kid's baby teeth
. . . wine or champagne
. . . appetizers
. . . cake
. . . autographed placemats
. . . wine or fruit basket sent to room
. . . flowers sent to room
. . . room upgrades

NOTE: Anyone can get balloons and an autographed card in the room after check-in. Just ask
at the Front Desk or Concierge Desk. Based upon availability and scheduling, they may come
sooner or later, but they usually come. Also, baskets-gifts-etc cannot be delivered to the room
prior to checkin in order to be in the room when the guest gets to the room.

Tigerinvestigator
03-01-2011, 09:54 PM
They have always asked who our kids favorite character was when we told our resort they were celebrating a birthday while we were there. Usually but not always we had a balloon and autographed card. I remember one was a photo of Belle and the Beast because my DD7's favorite princess was Belle. My wife and I also got a complimentary and unexpected plate with chocolate covered strawberries and champagne at the Contemporary on our Honeymoon. They also gave us a small ceramic Mickey and Minnie bride and groom. I still remember the lady at the front desk who sent them, her name was Trudy! That was way back in 1995!:thumbsup:

Pooh Gal0305
03-01-2011, 11:01 PM
That's what we got the first year I took my then-just-turned 1 year old son.

And Welcome to Intercot!

disneymomma2010
03-02-2011, 10:21 AM
i took my twins last october who were turning 7. i had such hopes for birthday balloons. I put the birthdays on the ressies and when we checked in they received the buttons. i asked about the ballons and they told me to call the florist. Needless to say we did not get any balloons, but they would have charged us for some. I brought balloons just incase of that and called around the hotel to see if they would blow them up for a charge, still didnt find anyone to do that either. We had a wonderful time but we werent one of the lucky ones to get a surprise.

waymickey
03-02-2011, 02:26 PM
We went to disney last year and had my DD birthday noted on our reservations. She got her pin upon check in and then 3 days later she was surprised with an autographed picture of Mickey wishing her a Happy birthday. We always go on her birthday and this is only the second time she got a surprise, and we were very grateful.

OTmomof3
03-02-2011, 05:40 PM
I hope you have a magical trip! We will also be there for our youngest daughter's 2nd bday. Not really expecting anything but if she does receive a surprise then that will just be icing on the cake. Being at WDW on your bday is the best gift! Treasure these family memories. They grow up so fast.

ransam
03-04-2011, 12:18 AM
i love going on my birthday. it's so special...