PDA

View Full Version : Can I bring a U-Haul Trailer with me?

dixiepixie
02-28-2011, 11:50 AM
We are a party of 6 driving down for our next trip. We would like to be able to ride together in one vehicle, which won't allow room for our luggage. Can we bring a small uhaul trailer and park it in a spot next to our car at the resort? Do they allow two parking passes for that?

DisneyMom12
02-28-2011, 01:25 PM
What about one of those carriers that goes on top of the car? We will be using one when we drive down this summer.

BTW I love your name :mickey:

medic9016
02-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Yes. You can park a trailer in the resort parking lot. We have friends that have split statys between Fort wilderness and other resorts. They park their 30 foot travel trailer with no problems. If you are going to unhook it from your car check with the desk of your resort. Keep in mind that U-hauls do not have a place to put a lock on the tongue of the trailer.

dixiepixie
02-28-2011, 03:34 PM
What about one of those carriers that goes on top of the car? We will be using one when we drive down this summer.

BTW I love your name :mickey:

Thanks! :mickey: Yeah, we've thought about that as an option too. I'm just worried all of our stuff won't fit in it...we practically move into our villa when we go :). We haven't ruled that out yet though.

buzznwoodysmom
02-28-2011, 05:55 PM
In summer of 2009 we drove to WDW with 7 people in an Expedition. We used a luggage carrier on top of the car and used all available space inside the vehicle. We were 3 woman traveling with 4 kids, and none of us had ever pulled anything behind a vehicle, so that was out of the question. Those carriers can fit way more than you'd expect.

DisneyMom12
02-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Those carriers can fit way more than you'd expect.

Good to know.