PDA

View Full Version : Photo passport?

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
02-28-2011, 08:20 AM
My nieghbor just returned from the world and told us she pre-paid for all her pictures.She said it was 99 dollars and they sent her a disc when she returned home.I cant seem to find any info on the disney web site about this...Anyone heard or done this before?

caryrae
02-28-2011, 09:11 AM
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

clausjo
02-28-2011, 10:21 AM
We did this for our trip early February and it was great! We really took quite a lot of pictures with the photopass photographers and I just received my cd over the weekend. Now I can take the cd anywhere and have the pictures printed. The disc comes with a release allowing you to print the pictures. I think it worked out pretty well - we had a lot of very nice pictures taken - and about 5 of the magic shots which all turned out great!

ransam
02-28-2011, 07:02 PM
You really can't beat the price. It's kind of cool to play w/ the pictures when you get home, edit them, add characters, etc...
and i think, don't quote me on this. but i think before you send away for the disc, you can add any pictures you took w/ your own phone....

DisneyMom12
02-28-2011, 07:09 PM
You can upload your own pics to the website to use in a book, but they will not put them on the disk they send you.

javamama
03-01-2011, 08:34 PM
They offered it last spring also, I remember getting an offer before we left.

BigThunderFan
03-01-2011, 08:53 PM
We always do this and get on average 400 pictures just from the Photopass photographers. Well worth it in my opinion!

mgmnut
03-02-2011, 08:15 AM
We did this back in 2006. Highly recommended.

We stopped at every photographer we saw when walking around, litterally have hundreds of pictures. The photographers were great. They would ask us to do things like put our hands out, or hold your hat upside down in your hand and ask everyone to look surprised, or some other type of pose. They would then insert characters into the picture.

They put tinkerbell in my wifes hand and we were all looking down acting surprised. The pictures and Character placement was perfect.

I played with lots of the pictures when I got home as well. The one with Tinkerbell was in Front of the Castle from the walkway to Tomorrowland from the hub. This particular picture is now all in black and white except for tinkerbell and some of the accents on the castle. It makes tinkerbell stand out and the picture much more interresting. It came out so good it hangs on our wall.

The photopass saved us from having to pull out our own camera so much but we still have great photos for memories. When we did it back then, I picked the disk up before we left at the end of our vacation, they didn't mail it. Although, you could go online and view them there as well.

We had also met up with other family members when down there and were able to get great photos with them as well. I have an aunt and uncle who retired and now work at Disney. My niece and her family were down there at the same time so we have lots of pictures with them as well.

We really had a lot of fun with it. They are not just your "stand there and snap a picture" kind of photos. Like I said, the photographers were great. I hope they still put as much effort into it now as they did back then.

I am glad you brought it up, we are going back this year and forgot to add it to our vacation plan for this trip.

MirandaC
03-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Okay, this time we are looking into pre-purchasing the photopass. I am confused about whether you can add borders and characters after you receive the cd. I think i read somewhere that manipulating the photo is only possible if you purchase the cd after you have made your changes to the photo, but then you don't get the nice discount.

So, can anyone tell me if there is a downside to pre-purchasing the cd? And, is it possible to manipulate the photos on the cd before having them printed?

Thank you :mickey:

dbright
03-30-2011, 12:25 PM
....do they give you a card to show the photographers? Is it possible to get more than 1 card per photopass pre-paid package? For example, if my teenage twin granddaughters are off by themselves, I'd hate to miss photo opps they may have had. Or would we be required to purchase 2 plans?

Narawen
03-30-2011, 12:46 PM
....do they give you a card to show the photographers? Is it possible to get more than 1 card per photopass pre-paid package? For example, if my teenage twin granddaughters are off by themselves, I'd hate to miss photo opps they may have had. Or would we be required to purchase 2 plans?

You get a card from the first photographer you meet, and then hand it to all other photographers and they'll add your photos to it. You can add multiple cards (not sure what the limit it, but it's quite a few) to the same account, and then the same CD so if your group splits up, you get all photos on the same CD.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Okay, this time we are looking into pre-purchasing the photopass. I am confused about whether you can add borders and characters after you receive the cd. I think i read somewhere that manipulating the photo is only possible if you purchase the cd after you have made your changes to the photo, but then you don't get the nice discount.

So, can anyone tell me if there is a downside to pre-purchasing the cd? And, is it possible to manipulate the photos on the cd before having them printed?

Thank you :mickey:

You order the CD before you head off on your trip. Get as many pictures taken, and enjoy!

Then, once you get home, enter your photopass cards onto the photopass website, and you'll be able to view your pictures and make edits. You can add boarders, characters, etc. Once you're DONE all of your editing, then you place your order for your CD.

Once you receive the CD, you can do regular editing on your computer, but can't add more disney borders, etc, that is all done BEFORE you get the CD mailed to you.

Dream'nDisney
04-18-2011, 01:53 PM
I was going to use the link provided above to pre-purchase a CD at the $99 rate. When I sign in, it lists two other Photopass ID numbers, with a blank for a new Photopass ID number. I want to make sure they know this is a new purchase for our upcoming trip, not a purchase of the CD we already paid for from last year's trip. Any advice?

wdwaggie
04-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Does anyone know if the pictures they take on the rides can be added to your photopass, or do you still have to buy these on the spot??

faline
04-19-2011, 06:17 PM

When you pre-purchase, you get a confirmation of the pre-purchase and instructions. Head off to Disney World. Grab a photopass (or multiple photopases). Have many pictures taken (Remember to take a picture of the back of your photopass card(s) in case any get lost or misplaced). When you arrive home, sign on to the Disney website following the instructions you received. Make any and all modifications to your pictures within 30 days and then let Disney know you are ready to receive your cd. Your cd will be sent to you with all your pictures including borders and other manipulations. Once you finalize the order of the cd, you can no longer modify, add or change your picture borders etc.

faline
04-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Does anyone know if the pictures they take on the rides can be added to your photopass, or do you still have to buy these on the spot??

I know there is one ride that can to added to the photopass. I seem to think that's Test Track?? Can anyone confirm? Most do not get added to photopass?

caryrae
04-19-2011, 06:28 PM
I know there is one ride that can to added to the photopass. I seem to think that's Test Track?? Can anyone confirm? Most do not get added to photopass?

The photopass website says:
Q. Are the ride photos included on Disney's PhotoPass system?

A. With the exception of Test Track at Epcot, no. On Test Track you can add your photo to your Photopass card as you exit the attraction.

faline
04-19-2011, 06:31 PM
The photopass website says:
Q. Are the ride photos included on Disney's PhotoPass system?

A. With the exception of Test Track at Epcot, no. On Test Track you can add your photo to your Photopass card as you exit the attraction.

Thanks! Nice to know my mind still remembers some things!

Dream'nDisney
04-20-2011, 11:51 AM
We added Test Track to our Photopass last year, and when we got home, we had someone else's picture of Test Track. LOL Thank goodness we also took a picture of our picture on the screen with our camera. The quality isn't very good, but at least we have it.

Victor Kelly
04-20-2011, 12:04 PM
All I can say is that it is worth the money. Disney has photopass people all over the place. The pics are very very good quality even at night.

We spent the money because it was our honeymoon and we could not be happier.

mook3y
04-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Last year we did the pre-paid with the photo book. It is quite a bit extra for the photo book, but the quality is top notch. We have done several photo books of our family over the years and it far surpasses in quality any of the others.

Our kids love to look at it and it will be a treasured keepsake for our family.

I recommend telling the photographers that you have prepaid photopass. They usually will snap a couple extra's for you.

The more photo's taken, the better chance you will have photo's where everyone is smiling, looking at camera, etc. (more of an issue when you have little kids - lol)

ftwildernesskid
04-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Does anyone know how much it costs to get the cd once you're down there?

mook3y
04-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Does anyone know how much it costs to get the cd once you're down there?

It is $149.99 if you order the PhotoCD after you have had pictures taken on a photopass card.

Specifically (from Disney's website):

*Note: Pre-ordered Disney's PhotoCD only includes Disney's PhotoPass photos taken after purchase of this offer. Photos within your Disney's PhotoPass account prior to this purchase will not be included.

For $149.99 if you preorder, you get the PhotoCD & the Photo Book.:thumbsup:

jimsgal05
04-22-2011, 10:58 AM
I just called Disney photo pass phone nuber on website. and thye told me about the 99.00 photo passand cd for that amount she also said they randomly pick peopel who are stating at a resort to recieve that price...as well but just call Disney photopass people they will direct you to the web site that has the 99.00 cd/photo pass.

best of magical wishes:mickey:

erickahome
04-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Does anyone known what the resolution of these pictures is?