PDA

View Full Version : stroller issues

watchaminnie
02-28-2011, 02:11 AM
If I rent the WDW stroller will I be able to use the stroller as a wheelchair option? Also my son is an average sized 6 year old, will he fit in a WDW stroller? We have a special needs stroller for him- it is large and I honestly think he will be most comfortable in it but it is so $$$ and I'm worried about leaving it unattended to take him on rides. Also he is mobile so I think it would be good for him to walk on occasion, especially if the crowds are light.

kakn7294
02-28-2011, 03:57 AM
I don't know if you can use the rental stroller for the wheelchair option but he should probably fit into a rental stroller just fine. We rented a double a few years ago and fit a 9 yo and a 7 yo in it together.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-28-2011, 12:35 PM
I would think about bringing your stroller with you. If you have the stroller=wheelchair "sticker" you will be able to bring it through the lines with you, and only leave it as you board the ride (as they do with wheelchairs and ECV's). There isn't much chance of something happening to it, and if your son will feel more comfortable in it, it might be worth it.

Disney_pups2
03-01-2011, 05:17 PM
I agree with I believe.. I would bring what he is use to and go for the stroller as wheel chair sticker. Not only that but getting around too and from car or bus etc is the secondary thought that was in my mind. Especially after walking all day. If you are staying on grounds, those resorts can be fairly large by themselves and they do not have rental strollers.

watchaminnie
03-01-2011, 06:57 PM
I hadn't even thought about getting from the car to the park. I think I'm going to have to bring his stroller. Oh for the days when he fit in an umbrella stroller!
Thanks for all the advice.
Now to figure out how to get him to sleep in a non-crib without running away from our villa.:thumbsup:

mznjm
03-15-2011, 02:40 PM
I saw this mentioned and I need one for my son.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-15-2011, 04:11 PM
You can get the stroller=wheelchair "sticker" or anything else that could help you enjoy your trip these from Guest Services at any of the parks.

Disney_pups2
03-16-2011, 07:14 PM
I hadn't even thought about getting from the car to the park. I think I'm going to have to bring his stroller. Oh for the days when he fit in an umbrella stroller!
Thanks for all the advice.
Now to figure out how to get him to sleep in a non-crib without running away from our villa.:thumbsup:

Did you get my private message about the alternative stroller rentals?

alaMode
03-18-2011, 11:14 AM
My son also uses a $$$$ special needs stroller/wheelchair. We have always used it at WDW and we've never had any issues.

We always get a "Stroller=Wheelchair" sticker tag. This means we take the stroller with us when we enter the ride. The stroller is usually waiting for my son at the end of the ride.

Very rarely do we leave it outside, but even when we have, it's always been there when we return!

I hope you have a great trip!

LisaP
05-26-2011, 12:47 AM
Now to figure out how to get him to sleep in a non-crib without running away from our villa.:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you can ask for bedrails? Much to my surprise, it worked great for my 2yo last month :) Resort hotels provide them at no additional charge.

:mickey: