PDA

View Full Version : What are some of the more RARE or unusually Characters you have met?

forever a child
02-27-2011, 06:30 PM
I am just curious with the issue of Disney reducing the Villain's and other Classic Disney Characters.... What are some of the more Rare or Unusual Characters you have met through the years? Please share! I am curious to see what used to be around at all of the Disney Parks.

I remember having seen some from the MGM parades (Yes, MGM not DHS) like Cruella DeVil, Malificent, and Hades.

My absolute favorite was Prince John. He was hilarious! My DD was about 10 at the time and it was hot. She walked up to Prince John at held out her pen and autograph book for him to sign. He took it as though he did not want to get any germs from touching it after taking it from a commoner. He signed her book and dropped it on the ground and waved her away with his paw! We had taken photos before all of this I guess...because I have them. But it was so funny...my daughter had been watching him interact with other people earlier and being extremely rude to them as well, so she was not taken back by this and thoroughly enjoyed him.

I wish more of these guys were back out in the parks.:mickey:

Narawen
02-27-2011, 08:59 PM
I have photos and autographs from the whole Robin Hood gang (except Robin himself, oddly enough) before they were quite so rare. I have Prince John, Little John, the Sheriff, and Friar Tuck. I've met few of the dwarves that are now rare (Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful). When I was younger I liked more obscure characters. I have photos with all of the above, Brer Fox, and Gideon from Pinocchio, but I realized on the last trip that I've never met a single princess.

BigThunderFan
02-27-2011, 11:16 PM
I got quite a few this last trip while running the marathon. Some of the more rare: Gideon, Stromboli, and Geppetto from Pinochio; Scrooge McDuck and Launchpad McQuack; Jose and Panchito of the Three Caballeros; the Queen of Hearts; Brer Fox; and the bad guy from Mulan (don't remember his name).

DizNut42
02-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Frolo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. It was still MGM at that time, we had just gone through the turn stiles. He walked right up to me, took my bottle of water, squirted some on me, gave it back, waved his hand like 'Begone peasant" and walked away. I was a bit dumbfounded. Haven't seen him since.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-28-2011, 09:54 AM
My son has several autographs from his first two trips including:

Kermit
Queen of Hearts
Cruella Deville
Malificent
Hercules
Jafar
Little John

jimsgal05
02-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Queen of Hearts and Meeko, Radcliff, John smith, and a halloween tree 1978.. mr feeze too..Carl and Doug the dog..I don't know if ya would call them rear..but they were really fun to have photos with..

my last trip winnie the pooh and friends at all 4 parks!!...
now this trip STAR WARS ...hope to ahev my photo with star wars mickey!!!

mudpuppysmom
02-28-2011, 09:59 AM
I have pictures somewhere of them, but from what I remember......we were in Toontown I believe at the train station (it was weird -- like a corral type thing) and we saw Gideon, Brer Fox, Goofy's son Max and a few others that I for the life of me could not figure out who they were! I'll have to dig out the picture, but I'm tellin' ya it was strange how they just popped out of nowhere!

mudpuppysmom
02-28-2011, 10:20 AM
I have pictures somewhere of them, but from what I remember......we were in Toontown I believe at the train station (it was weird -- like a corral type thing) and we saw Gideon, Brer Fox, Goofy's son Max and a few others that I for the life of me could not figure out who they were! I'll have to dig out the picture, but I'm tellin' ya it was strange how they just popped out of nowhere!

crltkcagle
02-28-2011, 10:46 AM
We have met a few rare characters:
Meeko
the seven dwarfs
Koda
Stromboli

ransam
02-28-2011, 01:30 PM
i don't have it, but my brother got his picture w/ Animal from the Muppets. i was sooooo jealous.

joanna71985
02-28-2011, 06:19 PM
I've met several rare characters, including:
Kronk
Belle's Prince (human form)
Grand Duke
The King (both from Cinderellabration)
Merlin
Stromboli
Meg
Esmeralda
All 7 Dwarves
and then there are the characters I've met that are now retired (Figment, Meet the Robinsons- Wilbur, Lewis, Bowler Hat Guy; Bolt/Rhino/Mittens; and so on).

kemps@wdw
02-28-2011, 09:36 PM
King Louie, Mushu, Chang, Gideon, Gephetto, Beast, and Baloo. These are just a few of the "irregulars" we've seen over the last 30 yrs.

kaylamag
03-01-2011, 09:40 AM
When we were there in 2008 we also saw a lot of characters when we got off the train at Toontown. The were all back behind a building so you wouldn't see them unless you were back by the train. The were all lined up in the shape of a horseshoe.
Here is a list of who was there:
Pinocchio
Geppetto
Gideon
King Louie
Robin Hood
Launchpad
Max
Penguin (from Mary Poppins)
a really rough looking Wendell from the Country Bears
Lilo and Stitch
Brer Bear
Mr Smee
We also have seen Chicken Little and Meeko and Kenai and Koda.

kaylamag
03-01-2011, 09:41 AM
When we were there in 2008 we also saw a lot of characters when we got off the train at Toontown. The were all back behind a building so you wouldn't see them unless you were back by the train. The were all lined up in the shape of a horseshoe.
Here is a list of who was there:
Pinocchio
Geppetto
Gideon
King Louie
Robin Hood
Launchpad
Max
Penguin (from Mary Poppins)
a really rough looking Wendell from the Country Bears
Lilo and Stitch
Brer Bear
Mr Smee
We also have seen Chicken Little and Meeko and Kenai and Koda.

With Toontown gone i am really going to miss this spot.

teamblackwell
03-01-2011, 05:15 PM
I may have the story wrong, but I think Jiminy Cricket is hard to get a photo with because he only comes out 1 day a year,on Earth day.:confused:

Melanie
03-01-2011, 05:21 PM
I may have the story wrong, but I think Jiminy Cricket is hard to get a photo with because he only comes out 1 day a year,on Earth day.:confused:

No, he's out all the time at Rafiki's Planet Watch. We just got our picture with him a few weeks ago.

Living in Japan and getting to go to Tokyo Disney, we have seen some rare characters. Let me tell you though....Fairy Godmother with a plastic face is STRANGE!

asianway
03-01-2011, 11:02 PM
No, he's out all the time at Rafiki's Planet Watch. We just got our picture with him a few weeks ago.

Living in Japan and getting to go to Tokyo Disney, we have seen some rare characters. Let me tell you though....Fairy Godmother with a plastic face is STRANGE!

I remember that as a kid, the face Godmother kind of creeps me out. The face Hatter too for that matter.

asianway
03-01-2011, 11:03 PM

This used to be the case, and still is at the MK. He has been meeting daily at AK

Greenlawler
03-02-2011, 12:58 AM
There's been a couple of threads like this with some great responses but for the newer folks here are the characters ultra rare's we have met, sorry for the spelling...
The Lost Boys
Gaston
Hades
Little John, Prince John, Tuck, Robin Hood and Sheriff
Banzia, Shensi, and Ed (Hyena's from Lion King)
Shan-Yu
Dr. Facilier
The Hauted Mansion Groundskeeper
Pain and Panic
Zorro
Davey Crokett
Don Karnage
Lumiere, Cogsworth, Chip from B&B
Max (dog from little Mermaid)
Stromboli
Clara Cluck
Merlin
Clarice
Meg, Hercules, and Phil
Kuzco
Qausi, Esmerelda, and Pheobus
Darkwing Duck, and Launchpad
The Dwarfs with autographs
Big Bad Wolf
Kermit and Piggy
and some others....who are rare nowadays but were at one time out in the parks.

Ian
03-02-2011, 11:03 AM
We've seen quite a few of the folks listed here, as well. The only one that jumps immediately to mind that I didn't see listed here was we met Stanley and his pet goldfish Dennis outside of Animal Kingdom once. That's the one and only time I ever saw them in the parks.

like2workout
03-03-2011, 08:30 AM
the rarest i've met is molier from atlantis several years ago. he was out with the old hag from snow white, jafar, and tweedle dee and dum. how's that for a combination? this was back when the double decker bus used to drop off characters at hollywood studios in the back area near where the backstage tour lets out.

Mogie
03-03-2011, 09:26 AM
All of these from 1986...
Friar Tuck
Robin Hood
Big Bad Wolf
Dopey
Mr. Smee

forever a child
03-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Wow, there are some here I have to look up as I don't even know who they are! ;)

So we have meet are
Little John (as I mentioned in original post)
Robin Hood
Queen of Hearts
Captain Hook
Mr. Smee
Peter Pan
Meeko
Rafiki
Pocahontas
Thumper & Mrs. Bunny
Suzy Mouse
Mushu
Baloo
Princess Jasmine
Aladdin
Penquin (from Mary Poppins)
Lilo
Stitch

DisneyFreak1313
03-18-2011, 11:10 AM
I too have met most of the characters listed here, but to add to the list, I would like to add:

The 3 Fairies from Sleeping Beauty (with plastic faces - Flora, Fauna & Merriweather)

I too have met Stanley (for that one and only day he was out?!), Dr. Facilier, Launchpad, Darkwing, Herc characters, Frollo, Up characters, Bolt, all Robin Hood characters, Max, Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh, Kermit & Ms. Piggy, etc.

It really falls into luck if you are in the right place at the right time sometimes!

Greenlawler
03-18-2011, 11:30 AM
I too have met most of the characters listed here, but to add to the list, I would like to add:

The 3 Fairies from Sleeping Beauty (with plastic faces - Flora, Fauna & Merriweather)

I too have met Stanley (for that one and only day he was out?!), Dr. Facilier, Launchpad, Darkwing, Herc characters, Frollo, Up characters, Bolt, all Robin Hood characters, Max, Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh, Kermit & Ms. Piggy, etc.

It really falls into luck if you are in the right place at the right time sometimes!

Stanley was pretty regular for three years or more.

Brer Robert
03-19-2011, 08:42 PM
I guess the rarest I've taken pictures with were Quasimodo & Esmerelda from "Hunchback" in Epcot in January '98, the same day I also saw Aladdin in his "Prince Ali" suit in Morocco if that counts as rare.

Dsnygirl
03-20-2011, 12:29 AM
My girls got their pictures taken with Pinocchio, which was a first for them after a few trips... I've only seen him a few times. They also got their picture taken with Jiminy, which was a thrill for them -- they just LOVE him! And I can't remember the name of the "little ape" from Tarzan, but they got their picture taken with him at AK... sorry I can't remember who he is! :blush:

joanna71985
03-20-2011, 05:31 PM
The gorilla from Tarzan would be Terk (and he is a she :)).

spoiled
03-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, Drizella from Cinderella. Eric from The Little Mermaid. Quasimodo from Hunchback of Notre Dame and Brer Fox and Rabbit from Song of the South, oh I also met Thumper. Those are all I can think of. I'm looking forward to my next trip so I can finally meet Flik and Lilo.

spoiled
03-21-2011, 01:46 PM
and kermit and miss piggy Gideon from Pinocchio too. Mike and Sully.

catkrazy
05-01-2011, 06:25 PM
I have never seen them and don't think they even have characters to meet, but I would totally love to meet Si & Am!! Thumper and Marie are the two that I have only met once and never seen again.

rjmdds
05-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Aside from several mentioned above, the rarest I've met was Nemo. Yes....Nemo. He was outside Living with the Seas at park opening during an EPCOT early AM EMH in 2005. He only stayed out for about 15 minutes and then was taken in.

Greenlawler
05-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Aside from several mentioned above, the rarest I've met was Nemo. Yes....Nemo. He was outside Living with the Seas at park opening during an EPCOT early AM EMH in 2005. He only stayed out for about 15 minutes and then was taken in.

Yeah we met him too, it was kind of odd.

asianway
05-06-2011, 09:29 PM

Ya never know, they could roll him out next weekend. ::Crossing fingers for Frances, Tuck, and Roll::

goofy4diz
05-08-2011, 06:55 PM
these are the rare people i met

in 2007 i met clara cluck and stromboli in mgm

in 2010 i met bolt in epcot

rjmdds
05-10-2011, 01:06 PM

Agreed Greenlawler. He was big enough where if he were real he could've swallowed my then-3 y.o. daughter whole!

spoiled
04-15-2013, 04:47 PM
My last trip I met Koda and Lilo (I can never find her but apparently she's not rare...) and Mushu. It was so cool to be able to see rare characters and I wish I could have gone at the beginning of the year and seen the rare characters they brought out for Limited Time Magic but hey, what can you do?

joanna71985
04-15-2013, 09:18 PM
My last trip I met Koda and Lilo (I can never find her but apparently she's not rare...) and Mushu. It was so cool to be able to see rare characters and I wish I could have gone at the beginning of the year and seen the rare characters they brought out for Limited Time Magic but hey, what can you do?

Actually, Lilo is more rare now (as she only is available at the breakfast at Poly). She no longer meets at AK