PDA

View Full Version : Pin Code Rules

Belster
02-27-2011, 11:10 AM
I have a simple question but cannot remember how it works:

What are the rules on the date of the pin code? Can't you use it up to the last day of the date on it and then for up to 10 days after that or something? So if it says it is good for 1/1/2011-1/7/2011 you can arrive on 1/7/2011 and use it for the duration of your stay through 1/17/2011?

Thank you in advance for your help. :mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
02-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Based on the pins we've received I've the years the rule actually depends on the specific wording on that pin. If it say something like "for stays beginning between" two dates then yes you can come the last day of the promotion and get length of stay.

However, if it says something like "between" two dates without the word beginning then you only get the dates of the promotion and no discount before or after the dates regardless of length of stay.

So, read the exact wording of your pin to get the rule.

Belster
02-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Based on the pins we've received I've the years the rule actually depends on the specific wording on that pin. If it say something like "for stays beginning between" two dates then yes you can come the last day of the promotion and get length of stay.

However, if it says something like "between" two dates without the word beginning then you only get the dates of the promotion and no discount before or after the dates regardless of length of stay.

So, read the exact wording of your pin to get the rule.

Ok thank you!!:mickey:

MOJoe
03-01-2011, 04:46 PM
I just tried to get a reservation for dates outside the pin code dates.

My thought was to arrive the last day the pin was offered, and use it for my week. But nope! It didn't work that way. I was only able to book within the dates, to use the discount. So read those offers closely.

Gocubs
03-01-2011, 10:52 PM
I have a question about these elusive pin codes.

I just received one in my email, but it was addressed to a different last name. It was actually adressed to my mother's name. I am 30 and married, but she was with us on our last trip. Not sure how it was sent to my email.

Would I even be able to use this? How can I correct this so future offers are sent not only to my email but also to my name?

faline
03-02-2011, 09:57 AM
I just received one in my email, but it was addressed to a different last name. It was actually adressed to my mother's name. I am 30 and married, but she was with us on our last trip. Not sure how it was sent to my email.

I would call Disney directly on this one. Pin codes are intended to be used only by the person to whom it is addressed. We've had a few mailed to us under the name of my son-in-law who accompanied us on one of our trips. But, we've also received such offers directly from Disney as well.

Gocubs
03-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Just spoke with WDW Reservations and I am unable to use it. Can't explain why I received it in my email, but it is not possible for me to book that offer in my name.

SallyMcQueen
03-03-2011, 02:59 PM
On a slightly off-but-related topic, has anyone else been getting several PIN offers lately? I've gotten probably 4 to 5 since November. I'd love to take advantage of them, but we aren't able to go until Februrary 2012. And the latest date I've gotten is for Dec. 2011.

My luck is that I'll get all of these now, but not a single one when we are ready to book in August.

Just wonder if anyone else has had this happen as of late.