PDA

View Full Version : Which Park is best for my son's Birthday?

conan617
02-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Hi all!
We will be celebrating my son's 11th when we visit in Sept. We are debating where we should visit on his special day. Is one of the parks better for a birthday celebration?
Thanks again!:party:

KennyandKim
02-26-2011, 08:51 PM
Does he have a favorite park? My twins will be celebrating their birthday on our trip and we are visiting Magic Kingdom because that is their favorite park

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-26-2011, 09:02 PM
All of the parks are great, it really depends on which is his favourite.

DD spent her b-day at Epcot one year, and the CM's in World Showcase were excellent, all wishing her (and sometimes singing her) happy birthday in their native language. At Innoventions they made her a special "technician" for the day. It was great!

DH spent his b-day at DHS this year, and also had some special treatment (like front row on the Great Movie ride).

So, pick the park he likes best, be sure he has a birthday button and enjoy the day.

conan617
02-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Does he have a favorite park? My twins will be celebrating their birthday on our trip and we are visiting Magic Kingdom because that is their favorite park

Should have mentioned that this will be his first trip as well. RIght now, he doesn't have a favorite, but he is really excited for Animal Kingdom.

baby minnie's mommy
02-27-2011, 10:22 AM
How about choosing the "Birthday Park" based on the birthday meal? Do you have any special meal reservations for him yet?

baby minnie's mommy
02-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Let me add to my previous post. If he's most excited about Animal Kingdom, I would say go with the flow and make that the birthday park. You could possibly book a character breakfast at Tusker House. While I haven't tried that restaurant for breakfast, we have done several other character breakfasts and all were a very fun way to start the day.
P.S. Animal Kingdom doesn't allow balloons, for the animals' safety.

conan617
02-28-2011, 05:08 PM
Let me add to my previous post. If he's most excited about Animal Kingdom, I would say go with the flow and make that the birthday park. You could possibly book a character breakfast at Tusker House. While I haven't tried that restaurant for breakfast, we have done several other character breakfasts and all were a very fun way to start the day.
P.S. Animal Kingdom doesn't allow balloons, for the animals' safety.

Great feedback. Thanks so much. I have yet to make any reservations as I have about a month before my 6 month window opens up.

joonyer
02-28-2011, 05:20 PM
I think most kids are the most enthralled with the Magic Kingdom, at least on their first visit. Of course on my first visit it was the only park :blush: But it was my kids favorite, too, when they went years and years later.
It's the most "iconic" of the WDW parks, IMO, after all, there's a reason they call it the "magic" kingdom.

But I don't think any kid would be disappointed in any Disney park on his birthday. You can't really go wrong choosing one.

Ramblingman
03-02-2011, 03:58 PM
I was going to point out how much my daughter loves Animal Kingdom, but you've already said he is excited by that one.

As was mentioned earlier, Magic Kingdom will never disappoint. For that matter, any of them will do the trick.

Bottom line - as others said, it depends on him. For my son, it would have been Epcot, as he is more geared towards technology and travel. For my daughter, it would be AK. My wife - Magic Kingdom easily.

Let your son look over everything, and ask him what he wants to do. Give him a couple of weeks to research it and let him tell you.

Momto2Princesses&1Pirate
03-03-2011, 01:17 PM
We are celebrating DD 10th birthday at Animal Kingdom. She loves animals and chose AK for the animals and a few of the rides. She also likes BBQ ribs and shrimp so I booked dinner at the Yak & Yeti restaurant. She looks at the AK map almost daily and is planning exactly what she wants to do on her special day. At 11, your son will probably want to help plan - you'll enjoy the day no matter which park/restaurant you end up at. Have fun!

EpcotFan182
03-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Whatever park you decide on make sure to get a birthday pin! :party:

conan617
03-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Thanks again to everyone! You are all so helpful and kind.

I took all the wonderful advice and asked him to plan out his special day.

So far this is what he wants to do.
Our plans so far - We are staying at AKL. I havent' told him, but I am going to mention to the resort before we get there that he will be celebrating his birthday. On another thread, a few fellow Intercotees mentioned that the resort might surprise him with an autographed card. I might try to contact the Disney Florist and see if there is anything special they can put together (no balloons though!)

This trip will be his first (and his DS's too). He mentioned he would like to spend the day at MK (guess what - that day is EMH late!!!!!!). As soon as we arrive, I am going to take him to the town hall (I hope I have that right - I'll need to double check that location) and get him a birthday pin.

I will show him the restaurants and let him pick where we will have his special dinner. I'll call for ADR in a few weeks when my window opens up. I'm going to check into a Character Breakfast at MK as well.

This whole planning process has been exciting (and a little scary) and planning for his birthday has added a lot of fun to this process.

Narawen
03-05-2011, 08:21 PM
If you want a character breakfast in MK, I'd highly recommend the Crystal Palace (Pooh and friends) before the park opens, if you're ok with getting up that early. Main Street is basically empty, and it's a great experience. Chef Mickey's at the contemporary is a great choice as well, if you don't need breakfast in the park.

Stitch98
03-05-2011, 09:48 PM
For my eleventh birthday celebration, I chose to go to Animal Kingdom. There are a lot of fun thrill rides and interesting animals. I don't think one park would give you more treatment than the other; i.e, "better" birthday experience at MK vs. AK.

I would also give him the Birnbaum's Disney for Kids book for his unbirthday! :cake:

ShinynewJB
03-08-2011, 04:28 PM
As soon as we arrive, I am going to take him to the town hall (I hope I have that right - I'll need to double check that location) and get him a birthday pin.

You're correct! It's located to the left of the first part of mainstreet. Right after you go through the tunnels under the train station. I'm positive it's on the map if you're unsure :). It does look like a town hall if that helps. Haha.

During our last trip, I turned 21. We went to Town Hall to get a birthday badge and they asked me how old I was and wrote "21" on it over the birthday cake. It was quite a nice touch.

Going to get one again this September. :mickey:

Disney4us2
03-08-2011, 04:58 PM
We celebrated my DD's 11th birthday at WDW. She loves Animal Kingdom, so that is where we spent the day. I just let it be her choice.

We started out with an early breakfast atTusker House with Donald and the gang. Had lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. It was a nice day and then we ended up at Epcot for the evening.

Gayle
03-09-2011, 09:52 PM
We had great times at MK and Hollywood studios. MK was the best though:party:

conan617
03-09-2011, 11:21 PM
We had great times at MK and Hollywood studios. MK was the best though:party:

I think he has decided on MK, but I'm getting him the Disney for Kids book for his "half birthday" later this month. He has been watching all the videos (as have I :mickey:) and picking out all the things he wants to see and do on his special day.