PDA

View Full Version : How do I get from Narcossee's back to WL after MK closes???

WishingStar2006
02-26-2011, 07:26 PM
HELP!!! I wasn't thinking things through when I booked Narcossee's for my birthday dinner on March 3rd. My ADR is at 9:25 pm and MK closes at 9 that night. Assuming 1.5 hours MAX for dinner, I'll be trying to get back to WL around 11:00. Is that gonna mandate a cab ride? YUK!!! I hate to change my birthday dinner :party:but I'm afraid the monorail will stop running at 11:00 and certainly the boat from CR to WL will have stopped by then...oh, the early park closing hours of March!!! Any suggestions?:confused:

Gee, I just noticed that I have a 9:25 at California Grill on March 1....probably going to have the same issue...anyone know how late the boat from CR to WL runs?

Thanks for you help!!!!!

faline
02-26-2011, 07:46 PM
I'd probably cab it. Since you're in the same area, the fare shouldn't cost you much and will certainly be better than taking a bus to Downtown Disney to transfer to a Wilderness Lodge bus which would be your other option at that time.

Jillirose
02-26-2011, 08:15 PM
We (4 of us) took a cab from Dolphin to Downtown Disney for just under $20. They're pretty reasonable.

WishingStar2006
02-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks...I guess that's what I was thinking...a cab is the only answer....unless I change my ADR's.....those restaurants aren't available at this late date....would you change ADR's or take a cab? Seems silly to spend $40 ($20 for each night) but these are my favorites for my Birthday solo trip...hhmmmm

DebK
02-26-2011, 08:37 PM
I would take the cab......It will not be $20 for that distance......It will be less.....

Basket Mommy
02-26-2011, 09:55 PM
You could take a bus from the Grand Floridian to Downtown Disney, then DTD to WL. It's a bit far to travel just to get across the lake, but it'd be free ; )

Is there another park that has extra magic hours that night? You could bus it from GF to that park, then the park back to WL.

We had a similar issue on our last trip, and the bus driver we asked about getting back to BWV said we could ask concierge about a courtesy shuttle. We didn't have to do that, but you might check at WL concierge and ask what can be done. I'd never heard of the courtesy shuttle before, but it's worth asking!

brivers222
06-17-2011, 01:56 PM
I have always taken a bus to DTD and then another bus to connect to your Hotel. DTD buses seem to run late!

VWL Mom
06-17-2011, 04:17 PM
We cab from GF to WL after dinner and it was under $10. I was able to get CR to WL on taxi estimator and came up with $5.03, well worth it IMO. When we were there in Nov I believe they said the boat between CR and WL stopped at 1030P.

BTW, we have found the fastest way to GF for late dinner is to get on the DTD bus at WL, first stop is GF. (Check before boarding to make sure the route is the same at the time you will be there).

MOJoe
06-21-2011, 12:09 PM
I just had that exact situation last May. Dinner at Narcooses on a night when MK closed at 9, and i also was staying at the WL. The monorail was still running when we were finished, so we caught that to the Contemporary. The boat from there to the WL ran until 11:30. If you can have dinner and get to the boat dock in time, you can avoid the cab.

lighteningqueen
06-22-2011, 01:34 PM
I just had that exact situation last May. Dinner at Narcooses on a night when MK closed at 9, and i also was staying at the WL. The monorail was still running when we were finished, so we caught that to the Contemporary. The boat from there to the WL ran until 11:30. If you can have dinner and get to the boat dock in time, you can avoid the cab.

The boat sounds so much nicer than a cab. I was going to say Just take a bus to DTD or if one comes from another park get on it and then transfer to a resort bus from any of the parks.