PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Beds - traveler with back issues

ChinaMama
02-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Hi All,

My mom will be traveling with us in December and she has a bad lower back (disk issues). She needs a very very firm bed. We are staying at Riverside. I called Disney and they said we could request a bed board.... but my experience with bed boards is they are so thin it is a joke. Does anyone have experience with the ones at Disney? My mom is thinking about removing the mattress & just putting it on the floor?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

ElenitaB
02-27-2011, 06:38 PM
It's been a while since we've stayed in either of the PO resorts. Our most recent experience at a non-DVC resort was at AKL and I found the bed to be too hard (and I like a firm bed).

My suggestion would be to try the backboard as they suggest, but also, if you have one, to bring an Aerobed in a suitcase. There may not be room on the floor for the full-size mattress (I do remember from one of our trips that the twin Aerobed in our room in POFQ but it was not exactly a roomy fit).

Hopefully someone who has stayed recently at POR can chime in.

beksy
02-28-2011, 01:09 PM
My mom has severe lower back problems (3 operations so far) and needs a "good" bed. We have stayed at POR and POFQ with her and she did not have any problems with the beds. Of course, everyone's issues are different, but they worked out fine for her. We have also stayed at Pop, CR, and the Poly with her and she has never had an issue with the beds.

ransam
03-04-2011, 12:30 AM
i have a bad back too. never had too much problem w/ the beds..;.but if a bed board will help, i would use one if ghe resort will give you one.