PDA

View Full Version : 2 location stay vacation

BigG007
02-26-2011, 01:54 PM
I am vacationing in May and staying in BLT for the first part of the vacation then hopping over to AKL (Kidani)

has anyone had any problems with this type of vacation?

Any Tips to make things easier?

MN_Dad
02-26-2011, 02:53 PM
We have had a couple stays where we switched resorts. We pack the night before, keeping out only what we will take to the park the next day. We spend the morning and afternoon at the park, then we go to our new resort late afternoon to check in, after check in we head to dinner and finish our evening at the park.

BigG007
02-27-2011, 10:29 AM
did you let Disney transfer your stuff?

MongoMil
02-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Last time we went split our time between PoP and WL. We had our own vehicle so we did the transfer. Pretty smooth for us. Just packed up the night before and went out for the morning. Came back and went to the new resort. The only thing was we wasnt able to use the in park transfering of goods to our resort. They said at three days out they cant guarentee getting the stuff there before you move resorts and without your room number they wouldnt send it to the new one. I guess we could have just given them a number.:secret:

BugeyedMuggy
02-27-2011, 03:36 PM
We are going to do a 2 resort one trip this May. We will start at AKL villa for 6 nites and 2 nites at the Poly. After much thought we have decided to get a cab to bring us to the Poly in the morning before the parks open. That way we can maybe get our building request at the Poly.

Crow
02-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Ive done this on several of my trips & like it. i get to experience diff resorts and its a good way to experience t mods or deluxes if you cant afford to spend the whole trip at one.
I let disney move my luggage

Stickey
02-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Splitting resorts is worthwhile. You will lose some time checking-in at your second resort. It works best if you have a car to handle your luggage.

MN_Dad
03-01-2011, 11:01 AM
We let Disney transfer our luggage both times w/o any problems.

Disney4us2
03-01-2011, 11:07 AM
We did this in December. Stayed at ASMovies for one night. Just opened one case that had everything we needed for overnight/next day. In the morning took a taxi over to CBR. Checked in, got our tickets/dining. Checked carry on's with bell services and were off to the park. When the room was ready, I got my text. Came back to CBR, had bell services bring the luggage to the room. I also had the luggage transferred by Disney without any problems.

Crow
03-01-2011, 12:43 PM
forgot to say Im doing this again in 2 wks. 4 nights @CBR then 4 nights @WL. Ill let disney move my luggage

Belle--86
03-01-2011, 01:43 PM
We don split stay before between Poy ad PRFQ-- 7 nights each. When I packed I did it for each week-- so when we got to first resort we took out what we needed. We then rearrainged suitcases so we would have a empty one for dirty clothes from first week. The day of the switch we let Disney transfer our luggage and we went to the parks-- no problems we checked in latter that night at new resort

Ian
03-02-2011, 10:50 AM
For a variety of reasons, we've done numerous split stay trips.

No real "problems" necessarily, but it is sort of minorly annoying. It's just a lot of hassle packing up, moving to your new resort, checking in, unpacking again. It wastes a lot of time and tends to chop up your vacation a little and make it seem like it goes a lot faster.