PDA

View Full Version : Need one more luggage tag for ME

sara114
02-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Who do I call to get another tag for luggage. They only sent 1 per person and I need 1 more.

jlmct52
02-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Call (407) WDW-MAGIC / (407) 939-6244

Tell the personnel you speak with and they will take care of it for you.

Disney4us2
02-26-2011, 02:01 AM
Call (407) WDW-MAGIC / (407) 939-6244

Tell the personnel you speak with and they will take care of it for you.

In December I called them when I needed 2 extra tags. I had them in less than a week.:thumbsup:

Jacket93
02-26-2011, 05:12 AM
I just called this week to ask for extra tags and the DVC Rep that was talking to. said you only get 1 tag per person, and if i need to take a extra bag was to pick it up at luggage pickup and bring it to the ME line and they will take care of it there. Kinda defeats the whole process.
Going to call again this week and try and get another more tags. I mite try and call the 407-WDW-MAGIC line and see what they say.

jlmct52
02-26-2011, 10:28 AM
I just called this week to ask for extra tags and the DVC Rep that was talking to. said you only get 1 tag per person, and if i need to take a extra bag was to pick it up at luggage pickup and bring it to the ME line and they will take care of it there. Kinda defeats the whole process.
Going to call again this week and try and get another more tags. I mite try and call the 407-WDW-MAGIC line and see what they say.

Unless a change has been made, the representative to whom you spoke is sooooo wrong! We always end up using more luggage tags than people in our party and I've never had trouble getting more.

CleveRocks
02-26-2011, 01:08 PM

You got this response because people answering the phones at DVC Member Services aren't experts in anything except DVC things.

The person you spoke with was 100% wrong.

The BEST number to call is to call Disney's Magical Express directly at 866-599-0951. The people answering this line are actual DME cast members, and therefore they can answer all of your DME questions 100% accurately. Calling any general Disney number (including 407-WDW-MAGIC) won't get you DME cast members and therefore can get you wrong information.

The fact is, DME will automatically take care of ALL luggage that you check with your airline. They reduced the number of tags they automatically send out down to one per person as a cost-cutting and "green" measure, since most people don't check more than one bag due to the policies of most airlines. But if you check 10 bags per person, DME will handle them all for you, and at no extra charge.

Call 866-599-0951 and they'll send you all the tags you need.