PDA

View Full Version : ADR opinions`

JessC416
02-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Ok so with our trip getting moved up I have to make ADRs next week. We're going to be paying OOP for everything.

9/13 - arrive @ 3 Dinner DTD
Rainforest Cafe or Planet Hollywood?
9/14 - AK
lunch Flame Tree BBQ
dinner Yak & Yeti?
9/15 - MK
lunch Liberty Inn
dinner QS
9/16 - DHS & Epcot
QS @ DHS or Epcot
La Hacienda or Le Cellier or Rose &Crown
9/17 - ?? day @ Sea World
9/18 - MK - just QS
9/19 - Undecided Park we have until 3:00

I'm just looking for some suggestions on Dining...

SBETigg
02-25-2011, 11:56 PM
I prefer Rainforest Cafe, but not thrilled with either choice. At Downtown Disney, I would go with Raglan Road or Wolfgang Puck Cafe.

If you're looking to save money, I would do lunch at Yak and Yeti and dinner at Flametree, but the reverse works, too. Both good choices. If you had extra time, going over to AKL for Sanaa is even better.

Via Napoli is also good at Epcot, but you have some good choices listed, too. I also like Tokyo Dining, Teppan Edo, and Chefs de France. There's not much I love for dining at DHS. Kouzzina at the Boardwalk is also good. Don't overlook resort dining, which outshines most park dining.

Quick Service at Epcot- Yakitori House, Sunshine Seasons, Mexico.

ElenitaB
02-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Some of my thoughts mirror Sheri's, so it might sound like there's an echo in here. ;)

Tuesday dinner @ DTDI'd avoid both choices. PH just isnt' that good and you may be able to experience Rainforest Café in your neck of the woods. Raglan Road is a great choice. Wolfgang Puck Express is a "hybrid experience" in that you order at the counter but your food is brought to you at your table. And it's really good! And if you don't get dessert there, there's always "make your own" fun at Goofy's Candy Company or sundaes at Ghirardelli's!

Wednesday at AK
Flametree is a great TS choice. I'm not sure if you're looking to save money, but it does help to keep down costs to lunch at a TS and have dinner at a QS. And yes, think about heading to dinner at AKL (you can't go wrong at any of the TS restaurants there: Jiko, Boma or Sanaa). Afterwards, you can bus or taxi it back to your resort.

Thursday at MK
Liberty Tree Tavern is one of our favorites for lunch at the MK. Do make an ADR or go early or late if you're not planning on making one. :thumbsup: There are plenty of great choices for a CS dinner (Columbia Harbor House and the chicken and/or ribs dinners at Cosmic Ray's come to mind).

Friday at DHS and Epcot
We're actually like the Backlot Express at DHS, and Starring Rolls has also become a contender (if only for their over-the-top desserts). If you want to head over to Epcot for your CS lunch, there are plenty of good choices but if you're looking for a great choice I'd suggest Sunshine Seasons or Tangierine Cafe. For dinner, I'm partial to Rose & Crown but I haven't tried the new La Haienda yet. Le Cellier is going to be getting quite pricey in the near future as it becomes a 2-credit meal on the dining plan. If you were considering it for its beef options, consider Shula's at the Swolphin or the Yachtsman's Steakhouse.

Saturday at SeaWorld
There were some "dining experiences" available. Don't know if you're interested. Their counter service was kinda ho-hum.

Sunday back at the MK
Again, you have several decent choices.

Monday, location TBD
You could start your day with a TS breakfast... Grand Floridian Café or Kouzzina come to mind. CS for lunch, a sandwich and dessert from Earl of Sandwich packed for the plane ride home.

JessC416
02-26-2011, 07:39 PM
I'm not a fan of rainforest or planet hollywood either really everyone just keep telling me that the they are a" disney" experience and I have to bring him. We actually have a rainforest about an hr away in burlington,ma but i've never man and would never go. I really only like it in disney for the. Atmosphere and volcano dessert.

I love authentic mexican so i'm leaning towards that but the bf wants biergarten or rose& crown. I guess le collier is out.

I've never eaten at any of the resorts except chef mickeys. My bf is also very anti character meal so i'm unsure of the options. Breakfast is a good idea but what r non character options?