PDA

View Full Version : Plane ticket for child just turning 2

ledudes
02-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Does anyone know how plane tickets work if your child is under two when you leave but turns 2 while you are away? Do you have to pay for a ticket if they are 2 on the return flight? Does it go based on teh childs age when you book the trip?

Basket Mommy
02-25-2011, 08:35 PM
We flew Delta when our youngest was 15 months-old. They didn't care that she was 15 months-old. If she occupied a seat, we were expected to pay full fare. I held her on my lap. I wouldn't do it again, but thankfully I don't have to since she's 6 now. I'm not sure which (if any) airlines discount for kids under a certain age. I'm only familiar with Delta and Allegiant, and both charge for anyone occupying a seat, no matter the age. If that's the case, then turning two while you're away doesn't really matter.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-26-2011, 08:51 AM
From what I've read on various airline sites, you will need a ticket for the return flight. They are quite strict about the "under two" part.

It might be just as easy to book a seat for them each way, as it may be hard to hold an-almost-two-year-old for the entire flight to Florida (depending how long the flight is).