PDA

View Full Version : Trails End

DizneyFreak2002
02-25-2011, 07:27 PM
Ok, my fellow Intercotees... Please, tell me how Trails End restaurant is... Is the buffett worth it??? If the food good??? Trying to work out my dining plan, and Trails End has made the next to last cut... So, please... Tell me anything and everything I need to know about this dining spot...

DizneyRox
02-25-2011, 07:58 PM
We have enjoyed the buffet in the past. I understand though that the lunch has changed. It's a must do on our trips now, often one of the first stops.

As far as lunch is concerned, I think it went full service. I'm not so sure what I've seen in the past would make it a good candidate for full service, but maybe.

We'll be back, whenever we get up the desire to head back to WDW. Maybe 2012, but that's a big maybe...

sassafras
02-25-2011, 08:03 PM
We've been there several times and the food was good as well as the service. The food is pretty much the same as the Hoop De Doo serves with some other items also. It's usually pretty relaxing there also as they don't rush you to get done and get out.

TinaAndGlenn
02-26-2011, 04:52 PM
We have eaten at Trails End many times while staying at Ft Wilderness. The buffet is pretty good, and a good value. But I think what makes this restaurant a notch above is the location. Before or after dinner, you can sit on the porch on the big rockers & relax! Also, on nights when Hoop De Doo runs, there are little vendor carts selling misc items. They used to have a petting zoo?, and you are a short walk from the stables. Great location for kids!

MarkC
02-26-2011, 05:27 PM
I've always wanted to try this too and hopefully we will. Just curious what the best way to get here might be. We do have a car so that's not an issue. Thanks.

AuntLaura
02-26-2011, 05:52 PM
We like it. What I remember of the food at dinner: Salad bar and fixings. Hot: mashed potatoes, cheesy potatoes, vegetables ( good green beans) Corn Fried chicken, beef that a server slices for you, barbecued ribs, fish selection (we had salmon), corn bread, chili, hot apple crisp. Desserts: ice cream machine and fixings, brownies (brownie ice cream sundae), rice krispie treats, cookies. Kind of an all-American type selection. Drinks come in a Mason jar. Friendly servers.

TinaAndGlenn
02-26-2011, 07:26 PM
If you come by car you will have to park in the FW lot & take an internal campground bus to Trails End. There is no parking at the restaurant. Or, you can take a resort boat from other areas of DW.

DizneyRox
02-27-2011, 09:34 AM
Or, you can take a resort boat from other areas of DW.
Sortof... You can only boat directly from Magic Kingdom or the Contemporary/Wildreness Lodge. If you can get to any of those places, you can boat fairly easily, unless it's late at night.

Katzateer
02-27-2011, 09:48 AM
The food and service have always been good. It is just getting there- takes awhile. We don't go on a park day but if we have a free day and aren't in a hurry we go. Had one bad experience with WDW transportation and spent over 2 hours just getting back to Mk area.

DizneyFreak2002
02-27-2011, 03:13 PM
The boats take you right to where the restaurant is??? Or do you still have to take the internal bus to the restaurant???

TinaAndGlenn
02-27-2011, 05:11 PM
The marina at Fort Wilderness is a very short walk to Trail's End. The surroundings are quite beautiful. Depending on what time you eat, there is a water parade on the lake every night. Not sure about the time, or they have an outdoor sing-a-long & movie, campfire every night.