PDA

View Full Version : magical express

motherof4
02-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Does anyone know if the magical express runs at midnight or does it close at a certain time?

Strmchsr
02-25-2011, 05:37 PM
It runs around the clock, though I think after a certain time you have to get your own bags.

faline
02-25-2011, 05:47 PM
I've taken Magical Express around that time. It does run 24/7. And, if you're arriving at midnight, do plan on retrieving your bags yourself and having them loaded on the bus with you.

WishingStar2006
02-25-2011, 06:08 PM
If you arrive anytime after 10:00 pm you have to pick-up your own luggage at baggage claim and take it with you to the ME bus.

DisneyTopper
03-14-2011, 10:48 AM
I have a similar question....what about leaving WDW? What is the process if our flight were to leave at 6:45 am? Would we be able to use ME to get to the airport and just carry our own bags? Thanks!

princessgirls
03-14-2011, 11:37 AM
I don't think the ME desk is open until 6:30am in the hotel lobby to check your luggage at. If your flight leaves MCO at 6:45am, ME picks you up 3 hours prior, I would assume that you will take your bags, however, there might be a way to check them the night before.

Julie:mickey:

faline
03-14-2011, 12:03 PM
If you have an early morning flight, Magical Express will still pick you up approximately 3 hours before your flight but, in this case, you will need to take your luggage with you on the bus and check it at the airport as you would normally do.

CleveRocks
03-14-2011, 10:13 PM
I don't think the ME desk is open until 6:30am in the hotel lobby to check your luggage at. If your flight leaves MCO at 6:45am, ME picks you up 3 hours prior, I would assume that you will take your bags, however, there might be a way to check them the night before.

Julie:mickey:faline's answer above is correct.

There's no way to use Resort Airline Check-in on the day before your flight; it's against TSA regulations.

And just so no one gets confused, there is no Disney's Magical Express desk at the resorts, and in fact there are no DME personnel at the resorts whatsoever. What you see at the resort is the Resort Airline Check-in desk, which is unrelated to DME. I point this out because people might think it makes sense to go to the RAC desk to ask DME bus questions, but in reality the RAC people have nothing to do with DME, and in fact the RAC folks aren't even Disney cast members, they're employees of a subcontractor.