PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Dinner Suggestions

egospotter
02-25-2011, 04:25 PM
We are going to be at Disney World for our actual 5 year anniversary - we are usually only able to go around that time do to work schedules so I am excited to spend our actual day there!

I am trying to decide where to go for our dinner that night. We are planning on being at the Magic Kingdom that day so I am looking for somewhere around there - either at MK itself or at one of the near-by hotels.

We are willing to splurge 2 TS credits on this one.

California Grill would be the obvious choice, however we went there on our last trip and I try not to repeat too often and like to add in some new places each time - new at least for me and my husband together (I've eaten almost everywhere.)

Thinking Narcoossee's (where I have never been) or the Castle but open to suggestions!

PinKy
02-25-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm such a huge CA Grille fan so I must give them a thumbs up, but you really couldn't go wrong with Narcoosee's. Citrico's is also very very good! Narcoossee's might be more fun in the evening because you can watch the fireworks and the water parade. Enjoy!

faline
02-25-2011, 05:16 PM
We went to Citrico's twice for anniversary dinners and once for Valentine's Day. The food and service are very good.

paragon
02-25-2011, 05:55 PM
DW and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary with dinner at Cinderella's Table. There was no other choice! It was fun, the servers were over the top (anniversary pins ) we were treated like prince and princess.
Of course, it all comes down to your menu preferences.
But I couldn't think of anything else that would be as magical for an anniversary.
BTW- the castle dinner, on our anniversary was my idea, and a surprise for DW!

Kairi_7378
02-25-2011, 08:44 PM
If CA Grill is off the list, I'd try Citrico's or Jiko.

mom2morgan
02-25-2011, 10:16 PM
I believe everyone should eat in the castle once ;-) But in terms of food quality and dining experience (minus 79 over-tired young children) I'd personally pick Narcoosees or Citricos - whichever has the menu you'd most enjoy.

LittleRoosMommy
02-27-2011, 04:07 PM
We love CG and try to eat there every trip! For our last trip around our anniversary, we tried Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge and loved it! Our server was great! We received personalized menus with our meal... the chef came out and spoke to us about our anniversary and offered suggestions. We had received a gift basket with champagne, my DH called down and asked if we could bring it with us and they were more than happy to accommodate us! We had a quiet table near the window overlooking the pool! It was amazing! We will definitely be back!

Joannelet
03-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Have you ever done Yachtsman Steakhouse? I went there with my hubby on a date night last year and it was wonderful :)

Crow
03-01-2011, 09:54 AM
I like CG, been there a few times
also AP. skipping CG this trip & eating at AP.
personally i didnt think Narcoosees was worth it. good view though.
my vote goes to CG or AP

beksy
03-01-2011, 07:04 PM
I LOVE Narcossee's...its the one place I have to go every trip. Last time we had it planned so that we could see the electrical water parade pass by (great location for this!) and when Wishes started, our server held our food until we went outside to see them. Like with Cali Grill the music is piped in. We really enjoyed Yachtsman Steakhouse too and there was a photopass photographer outside between the Yacht and Beach Club that took some great shots of us. I don't know how regular that is, but it could me a good way to commemorate your anniversary. Those are my top two. I love eating at the Castle but since it is all character meals now, I don't think I would go with it for an anniversary meal. Congratulations and enjoy whichever you choose!

SBETigg
03-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Narcoossee's and Citricos, both very good choices. We love both of them, leaning slightly toward Narcoossee's because I love the atmosphere. We've had excellent food and service at both.

egospotter
03-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Thanks for all the great suggestions!

Right now I am leaning towards Narcoossee's because there menu sounds really good. Also I tried to pitch the castle to my husband but it was a no go at mention of the princesses. I think we will save it for when we bring our niece down next year.

Ian
03-02-2011, 10:55 AM
I know this isn't for everyone, but how about Victoria and Albert's? That's the flagship restaurant at the resort and, although I've never eaten there myself, I hear it's an amazing experience!

joonyer
03-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Heres' another alternative, at least if you are lucky enough to get a patio table: At Rose & Crown for Illuminations. I know the food & service isn't as highly rated at V & A or Cali Grill, but several years ago DW & I were lucky enough to get a patio table there for dinner (we told the hostess we'd wait a little longer for seating). The food and service were really good, and it cost less than the other 5-start places. To top off the evening with a lagoon side view of Illuminations was great. A very memorable experience for us.

egospotter
03-03-2011, 02:30 PM
I would LOVE to eat at Victoria and Alberts, but it's just too expensive for us. Maybe someday.

Rose & Crown is actually one of our favorites and we are already planning on eating there our first day. Bangers and Mash with a Woodpecker Ale and a great view of Illuminations - doesn't get much better than that!