PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Crowd Lines/ Dinner Ressies ?

ramftbl
02-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Hello all !
We have 5:45p dinner ressies at 50's Prime time in DHS. Given that we should be out by 7:15p, will this be an issue for viewing the 9p Fantasmic show ? There is only 1 show that night, and I've been reading where there are people lining up to get in 2 1/2 hours before the show !!! The 3:40p Mama Melrose dinner package option is too early to eat dinner, so we're sticking with our 5:45p ressie and keeping our fingers crossed... Any experience regarding the crowds lining up ? We're going in August.
Thanks to all who respond !!! :confused:

Dsnygirl
02-25-2011, 10:14 AM
We are also going in August, and from what I have heard, unless you are willing to line up hours in advance, the best "time saving" device is the Fantasmic dinner package. You don't have to eat dinner -- you could do lunch at Mama Melrose's and just grab a snack before the show, instead....but my words of advice would be to grab the package while it's still available. Good luck! (and don't forget, if the ressie is for 3:40, if you arrive at 3:40 or a bit later, you probably won't get seated until after 4pm, so that's a bit better...)

Dream'nDisney
02-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Do they still have an early Fantasmic show and a late Fantasmic show on certain evenings?

ransam
02-26-2011, 01:28 AM
i think it depends on the time of year you go. we went in december and got there about 30 minutes before the show and got seats...they weren't good seats, but every seat is good for this show.

BigThunderFan
02-27-2011, 11:31 PM
When we were there in January there were people lined up at 3:30 for the 6:30 show. There was even a second show that night but it was just as bad. The line was all the way to the main gate and spread accross Hollywood Blvd for the second show.

We did the F! package at Mama Melrose. Our ADR was 4pm and we didn't get seated until 4:40. It was great walking into the show about 40 minutes early and having good seats waiting for us while the rest of the theater was packed.

Gator
02-28-2011, 01:27 AM
We did the dinner package at Hollywood&Vine (which was suprisingly better than it's been in the past), and had no problem with seating at the show. The waitress said to get to the Fantasmic entrance 45 minutes before hand. We got there about an hour before and got great seats on the 4th row. Within 30 minutes the reserved section was full.

midlifemagic
02-28-2011, 10:15 AM
After following this thread, I'm very concerned about my own F! package at Mama Melrose. Our ADR is for 6:20 on an 8:30 show night. Do we have a shot? Your expert opinions are appreciated.

KylesMom
03-01-2011, 03:41 PM
After following this thread, I'm very concerned about my own F! package at Mama Melrose. Our ADR is for 6:20 on an 8:30 show night. Do we have a shot? Your expert opinions are appreciated.

I wouldn't worry too much. The original poster does not have a Fantasmic package, so they'll have to wait in the standby line. As a package holder, you'll want to report to the "special" entrance 45 minutes to an hour before showtime - no need to get in the 2-hour standby line.

If you are seated relatively on time, you'll have an hour or so to eat your meal & make your way to the package holder entrance with time to spare. Make certain, however, that you're at this entrance no later than 35-40 minutes prior to show time. :mickey:

BigThunderFan
03-01-2011, 08:55 PM
I would show up a little early for your dinner none the less. It can be a long meal and I personally hate being rushed at a nice meal.

midlifemagic
03-02-2011, 07:17 AM
Thanks to all who responded. Much appreciated.